Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #21
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieCayare
Not sure when I'm going to tell the Family. Probably Thanksgiving.
I am torn about how long we will wait. (I posted a question about this in the general pregnancy forum). I am not good at keeping secrets like this. And realistically I feel like if something terrible happened I might want the support .... We haven't told anyone yet since I am just today late for AF. Maybe I need to pick a couple people to tell just to get it out of my system and like its real. I think that what makes me uncomfortable about keeping the secret is that it's like we are waiting for a loss ... And that makes me really anxious.

On a positive note (no pun intended) I got a nice dark BFP this AM with my last test.

How long is everyone else planning to wait to tell family and friends?

Advertisement

tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #22
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: June 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieCayare View Post
I really don't feel any different, except that my boobs hurt when the 12 month old latches on. He's down to about 4 feedings a day, each being about 5-10 minutes, so I'm sure I can handle it for now.

I was super tired today, though, and fell asleep on my friend's corduroy couch. I had some nice pillow creases after that. She's 13 weeks, so she too was asleep and understood

Not sure when I'm going to tell the Family. Probably Thanksgiving. I'm pretty leery of it. I mentioned that my BFF is pregnant, and there were some negative comments from some of my family members about it being so soon after her son was born (he's 2 days older than mine). Hopefully they all feel like jerks when we make our announcement

I'm 30, and DH is 34 so we really don't have too much time to waste if we are going to have 3 or 4.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling kinda ok! I've been sick twice, and I'm super tired by 9 pm, but during the day I'm feeling pretty good. I can still concentrate, and I have big plans for what I want to get done during the day. By 9 I'm ready to fall over though. And last night the all night pee-a-thon started. I must have gotten up 6 times to go potty! So maybe things are starting to ramp up...though I wouldn't complain about not feeling terribly bad through the first trimester. However, not feeling a lot of sickness will def make it harder to control my weight during pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia17lee View Post
I am torn about how long we will wait. (I posted a question about this in the general pregnancy forum). I am not good at keeping secrets like this. And realistically I feel like if something terrible happened I might want the support .... We haven't told anyone yet since I am just today late for AF. Maybe I need to pick a couple people to tell just to get it out of my system and like its real. I think that what makes me uncomfortable about keeping the secret is that it's like we are waiting for a loss ... And that makes me really anxious.

On a positive note (no pun intended) I got a nice dark BFP this AM with my last test.

How long is everyone else planning to wait to tell family and friends?
I've told a few very close friends locally, and several people that live in different states. We don't see them often enough to run the risk of them letting it slip to family! That definitely helped the "I have to tell someone" feeling. IDK how long we'll wait to tell our family. Once we tell MIL it's over...the whole city will know. So I'd like to wait until 12 weeks (which would be beg of nov)...but I don't know if we'll be able to. Especially if I start feeling badly...we live right next door to MIL and she will figure it out pretty fast.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Joining in :-) This will be #6, due June 6. This is only the second time ever that I'll get to be in the early part of a ddc. In 4 of 5 pregnancies I've been due the 23rd or later.

I would just like to say that my absolute favorite thing about Diaperswappers is that I don't feel like a total freak of nature of expecting number 6, though all the fluffy goodness comes in a close second :-) Sometime, I get so used to all the big families "around" here, that when I go back to RL and get the comments from people, dirty looks, etc, I'm look, "Huh? Oh, right. People think we are totally irresponsible or total weirdos." Oh, well. I can get past it, I just really like that I don't feel that here at all!

I'm going to wait probably a month to tell anyone at work, I guess. I'll probably tell our family around the same time too, I suppose, though I was thinking it would be fun to just not tell people and let them figure it out... Or maybe a facebook announcement about "cheaper by the half-dozen?" though a lot of our family isn't on fb and we aren't really either... Don't know yet. I'm only 3w5d, so super early, but I was thinking to tell my couple of girl friends this week, cuz I'm just so excited.

Though, I do feel surprisingly guilty. Like, who am I to want another when I already have 5 amazing kids? But I do... Anyone else with a lot feel that way, or is it just me?

Congrats to everyone! So excited for the next 8 months :-)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

I would just like to add that while I have occasional bouts of nausea I have been eating like crazy and I'm never not hungry. I'm taking my prenatals, but I'm just hungry all the time!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #25
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

DP

Last edited by gingerpeachee; 09-25-2012 at 07:55 AM.
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #26
ElsieCayare
Registered Users

My Mood:

I told BFF. She knew we were trying, and she knew about what I think was a Chemical last month. And she told her husband - allowed. And she told a mutual friend - also allowed, since she was out with her when I sent her the test pic. (This was all before DH knew )

Then, DH told his BFF, and his wife, who is also a friend of mine.

But that is it so far. My mother tends to get a little over the top, so she doesn't need to know yet.

I'm always leery because SIL told everyone before the test dried, and then miscarried. DH's BFF told everyone at 10 weeks, and miscarried 2 days later, so I try to only tell a few.

With DS, I started puking at 5 weeks, and didn't stop for 6 months. I was a High School teacher, and I had a VERY difficult boss, an hour + commute, and a very high stress school environment. I'm hoping that the puking continuing so long was due to stress. Once I wrote my letter of resignation, the morning sickness cleared up.
ElsieCayare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klevmomma View Post
Joining in :-) This will be #6, due June 6. This is only the second time ever that I'll get to be in the early part of a ddc. In 4 of 5 pregnancies I've been due the 23rd or later.

I would just like to say that my absolute favorite thing about Diaperswappers is that I don't feel like a total freak of nature of expecting number 6, though all the fluffy goodness comes in a close second :-) Sometime, I get so used to all the big families "around" here, that when I go back to RL and get the comments from people, dirty looks, etc, I'm look, "Huh? Oh, right. People think we are totally irresponsible or total weirdos." Oh, well. I can get past it, I just really like that I don't feel that here at all!

I'm going to wait probably a month to tell anyone at work, I guess. I'll probably tell our family around the same time too, I suppose, though I was thinking it would be fun to just not tell people and let them figure it out... Or maybe a facebook announcement about "cheaper by the half-dozen?" though a lot of our family isn't on fb and we aren't really either... Don't know yet. I'm only 3w5d, so super early, but I was thinking to tell my couple of girl friends this week, cuz I'm just so excited.

Though, I do feel surprisingly guilty. Like, who am I to want another when I already have 5 amazing kids? But I do... Anyone else with a lot feel that way, or is it just me?

Congrats to everyone! So excited for the next 8 months :-)
I totally feel the same way! We are also expecting #6! And I'm technically due end of May, but I'm hanging out here because I never deliver early. I've also thought about not telling anyone until they start asking!! But I don't think I can wait that long, and our family would probably be mad if we did.

I've thought about posting 5+1=??? on my fb page when we get ready to tell. We'll see though!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hiya!!! I am due around June 4th. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting in our DDC, but I wanted to join anyway. Hope everyone has a wonderful uneventful H&H9!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #29
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Can I join in? I'm due June 2, but I assume I'll go in May. My first son was a month early and my second was 2 weeks early. I'm a bit nervous though because my lines are really light and not getting darker. Also, I just don't feel very pregnant (in fact, I feel pretty good which is very unusual for me since I have just awful morning sickness).
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom knows, my bff knows, and a girl at work who is called "clam" around here for being tight lipped knows. That's it. I have an u/s on Oct. 9 - if we see a heartbeat then I will tell the boss since I'll have to miss my last two weeks with 8th grade graduation and all... Otherwise, we might announce at ds's 2-year-old birthday (Oct. 21) OR at Halloween, depending on how big I am. I tend to show early and was in maternity by 8 weeks with ds, and couldn't hide it anymore at 12, even under a big sweatshirt. At his birthday I will be 8.5 weeks, with halloween being 2 days shy of 10. I guess we'll just play it by ear...

BTW, at 4 weeks 5 days, the hyperemesis has already returned, I'm taking B6 regularly, and the doc has already ordered and I have picked up the Zofran, on standby to use daily for the first day I puke more than twice... I'm right at two right now, so again, we shall see....
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 09-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote