Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #21
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage

Yeah.... what if I just WANT a nursery to look at. (I co-sleep, too)
Hehe We arent doing a nursery since we are moving when babe is 2 or 3 months old. I love co-sleeping in theory, but it just didnt work for me with DS. Every time he stirred (not to nurse just a stir) I would fully wake up. DS was actually moved outside our door at 3 weeks. We were all happier. I also had untreated ppd so I am hoping to at least room share this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611
We just got back from a weekend away at my friends wedding. It was a 7 hour drive each way and we spent 3 nights in hotels. Exhausting, although my toddler was great the whole trip.
Nothing can make or break a trip like a toddler. Glad your LO was so good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
My bottom lip is extremely dry and crazy itchy.....nothing seems to be working either
My face is dry and full of breakouts at the same time:/
Do you get cold sores? Thats a common precursor and apparently outbreaks are common during pregnancy.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

No, I dont get cold sores. It the border of my lower lip and my chin......so uncomfortable, dry and itchy
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
No, I dont get cold sores. It the border of my lower lip and my chin......so uncomfortable, dry and itchy
You're not alone. My skin has been so jacked up lately.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #24
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~

The baby will sleep in our bed at night for the first year, I'm guessing, but we're still going to set up a nursery. Even if the baby doesn't use it until he's 2 or 3,lol.
My older DD will be 5 in November, and she still doesn't have a bedroom even though we have two extras. Both DDs sleep with us so we never set one up. I think we are going to soon though; otherwise, I don't know where the new baby will sleep. I have no idea how we are going to get my older DD to sleep in another room...she told us she never wants to sleep in her own room (and sharing with her younger sister still counts as "alone" to her).
Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #25
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
We just got back from a weekend away at my friends wedding. It was a 7 hour drive each way and we spent 3 nights in hotels. Exhausting, although my toddler was great the whole trip.

Actually, thinking back, we coulda done that trip with DD as a toddler - but definitely not a trip I'd want to take with all the kids now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My bottom lip is extremely dry and crazy itchy.....nothing seems to be working either
My face is dry and full of breakouts at the same time:/
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
You're not alone. My skin has been so jacked up lately.

My skin is really strange - oddly enough, it was great while I was craving cucumbers and eating nearly a whole one each day. Once I stopped, my skin got all dry and flaky (t-zone), like really bad, not just a little dry skin. It's gross, and no amount of moisturizing or exfoliating helps. And my lips are so super dry - that's partly due to colder temps here, I know, but likely also because of not getting enough water. *sigh* Good thing I'm starting to crave cucumbers again, I guess!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
chillimom
Registered Users

My skin is wonky too - tons of breakouts even though it's usually really clear/good. I've gone back to my old highschool days staple of washing with Noxema twice a day and it's cleared back up. But if I skip one washing - zits!

No exercise here, I don't like it at the best of times, and now with the m/s and being tired - blech! But I work with a woman in a wheelchair, so at work I'm always pushing her chair, lifting her in and out of it, etc., then at home I'm constantly carrying/lifting/chasing/etc. my 2-year-old so I figure I'm still decently active. I do want to break out my prenatal exercise and yoga DVD though, and maybe bust out the wii-fit. And get back in the habit of walking every evening. I think being in decent shape will make it easier to recover from labour and birth when the time comes...

I'm surprised I'm NOT having hip or pubic bone pain yet this time - I did with DD starting at 10 weeks. I'm bigger this time and 11 weeks tomorrow and still doing okay (knock on wood!). I plan to go see a chiro if it gets bad this time though. Last time I suffered through (my doctor told me there was nothing to be done and to suck it up basically), and could hardly move or walk by the end.
chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

ugh the kids I nanny for got me sick...they have some stomach bug and now i have it. My poor tummy hurts so bad.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillimom View Post
My skin is wonky too - tons of breakouts even though it's usually really clear/good. I've gone back to my old highschool days staple of washing with Noxema twice a day and it's cleared back up. But if I skip one washing - zits!

I'm surprised I'm NOT having hip or pubic bone pain yet this time - I did with DD starting at 10 weeks. I'm bigger this time and 11 weeks tomorrow and still doing okay (knock on wood!). I plan to go see a chiro if it gets bad this time though. Last time I suffered through (my doctor told me there was nothing to be done and to suck it up basically), and could hardly move or walk by the end.
I don't have many zits (thank goodness!) but this dryness is really driving me crazy! I'm hoping the cucumbers will help again!!

Very glad you're not having pain yet! I get the odd twinge, but it's nothing more than normal (not pregnant) for me. I'm sure it'll get worse - I employ DH as my hip massager
I HATE that Drs (most of them anyways) won't refer people to chiro - ticks me right off. Chiro can help with so many things, and it's definitely worth a shot. I'd so prefer it over taking meds or surgery, kwim? But most Drs just disregard it as if it's not a real thing or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
ugh the kids I nanny for got me sick...they have some stomach bug and now i have it. My poor tummy hurts so bad.
Oh no!!! ... but from a really big distance! I hope it doesn't last long for you - pregnant + tummy bug is just horrid.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm getting sick a it sucks. Finially I was feeling better now I've got the sore throat and chills.

Dh washed the dishes for me after dinner and took the 2 big kids for a walk to get me some halls
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #30
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh shucks. to the sick mamas.