Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!
Re: If you are TOTALLY done with CD's

I had the cd obsession and for a little while after we moved out of cd's I found myself still wanting to buy beautiful girly fitteds. I resisted the temptation and tried to focus on getting cute trainers. That obsession never took...lol...so I focused my attention on finding cute clothes to perk up dd's hand-me-down wardrobe. I bought a few really cute things and now I'm satisfied with her wardrobe and can't believe how much money I'm saving by not buying fluff...lol!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJordan85
I'm still CDing and feel that way, lol. Simplified WAY down and have the mindset of "they're just diapers".
Same here. I sometimes look at the IT diapers out there but have no interest in buying them. I'm completely content with DD2's stash. I just wish I'd come to the "they're just diapers" realization a bit sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

It's funny because even with a simple stash my DH thinks I get a little crazy about CD. I found some BG OS when I was PG with my first, and we've made them work for us. Other than buying some NB fitteds, a couple hybrids (just to try 'em) and some PL stuff, the BG's have been my go to for 2.5 yrs. If I had money to throw around, I would perhaps get a little fluff crazy. Since I don't I try to stay away from FSOT... for the most part.
SAHM to S 10/09 and A 8/11 and expecting #3 1/14 and wife to my

Blessed. Thankful.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am having a lot of fun with it but I don't spend a lot of money. I am all about deals so I like to get the cheapest I can of any type. I am planning on having 4 or 5 more kids though so I have plenty of time to go diaper crazy.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Jennipenny
Registered Users

I love to cloth diaper but I'm looking forward to the extra space in the diaper bag / purse
Jennipenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm not done with cloth diapers, but I've been over the hype for a long time. I got diaper fever for a very short time and then my practical side took over.

My friend had me help her get a ragababe the other day and it was insane to me. I ignore lunch with my kid do I can push refresh over and over and over to hopefully find 1 single diaper in the correct size - cant even be picky about pattern or color - and then spend $35 on a diaper? Really? A sized diaper at that. Insane.

I am totally willing to help her, of course. But I don't get it. It's a diaper. My child has been wearing $17 one size diapers for almost 2 yrs now. My other friend has a stash of $5 Alvas that her kid wears successfully.

I've never understood the hype. I think it's ridiculous. I love my cloth and I do it for the landfill aspect. But I'm far too practical for what some women have. I have like 30 diapers. Some people have easily over 100. Why???

I can't even visit cloth diaper forums anymore because the hype is too much. I want to say 'it collects pee and poop!!!'
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

I can't even visit cloth diaper forums anymore because the hype is too much. I want to say 'it collects pee and poop!!!'
I feel this way too!
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the middle right now, too. My youngest of 4 kids is just fully daytime trained and still in disposable training pants at night since we aren't quite done there yet. I haven't parted with any of my cloth diapers yet because even though we are done with bio-kids we are trying to get licensed for foster care. I hate to sell off my stash, but somehow doing cloth on a babe that I may or may not get to bring home from the hospital and that could have any number of medical issues doesn't seem as exciting to me. However, I bought all of this new newborn fluff before we decided for sure we were done personally, so I haven't been able to bring myself to sell it just yet.

ETA: I don't have an high dollar per item stash, jsy ta huge basic stash. I have prefolds, fitteds (less than $12 each on FSOT), covers, and a few wool items I picked up for really good deals here on FSOT.

Last edited by hac1224; 09-25-2012 at 01:15 PM.
hac1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
BuckeyeHokieMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

funny to see this post, because i'm just now starting to CD, so it's good advice for me! i didn't really understand how people got so crazy about CDing until i started. i'm going to make a conscious effort to not go nuts! thanks for the wisdom. it's just a short part of their/our lives.
BuckeyeHokieMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #20
paggie88
Registered Users
seller

I was caught up in the hype of cding and broke out of it when I was actually using them on my kids. One is out of diapers now I still have one. I think I'm done. lol.
paggie88 is offline   Reply With Quote