Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pt'ing at 17m?

My second was completely pl'd at 17 months, by 18 months it was nighttime too. She first started insisting she be changed ASAP when she went in her diaper, them she would go in the bathroom and go and ask to be changed right after. Then she started refusing to go in her diaper, it took me a while to come to terms with such a young one being ready that I probably held her back some. She was really just ready though. I think all you can do is let the potty be available to her, help her when she needs help and be flexible.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

The age is good. my friend had her daughter in panties at 15 months. what a plus that she wants to be like her brothers. and she knows shes supposed to take her diaper off. smart girl! I think she needs a demonstration what to do on the potty. I dont think she knows what to do there and what goes on. I would let her run around naked then when she goes say "peepee!" and tell her we do that in the potty. when she knows what "peepee" is then its easy to connect it to potty. because she already knows what the potty is. I think that the only way to teach her what peepee is is to catch her in the act or maybe demonstrate. I think shes ready though!
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like getting idea try ghaving her sit for like 5 to 10 mins try running water..... rewards? My cousins kids were like that ...immitation then both were trained.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
BuckeyeHokieMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've always heard that you should do it when they show interest...good luck!!
BuckeyeHokieMommy is offline   Reply With Quote