Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 AM   #51
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found out my third and probably last is another boy today it's hard for me because it's not me and my spouse that don't want more it's my parents who are not supportive. They don't understand my need to raise a daughter. I love this baby he is welcomed but I am having a little trouble getting over it.

Advertisement

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfarm3
Wanted to update and thank everybody for their support

I have worked through most of my "issues" and I think we'll be okay. If we really insist on having a daughter there are options, including adoption and Microsort. We can face that decision after this one is sleeping through the night.

In the meantime, I have to admit that my DH is really a top-notch husband and father, and as such, it is probably a good thing that he is replicating As a person of faith, I might even say that somebody has been praying for more men like him, and it turns out it's my job to give birth to them all

Thanks again and blessings!
Hehehe! I used to tell my husband it was our job to repopulate the Earth with good men!! We have a very important job to do!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #53
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coming to grips with never having a daughter:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfarm3 View Post
Wanted to update and thank everybody for their support

I have worked through most of my "issues" and I think we'll be okay. If we really insist on having a daughter there are options, including adoption and Microsort. We can face that decision after this one is sleeping through the night.

In the meantime, I have to admit that my DH is really a top-notch husband and father, and as such, it is probably a good thing that he is replicating As a person of faith, I might even say that somebody has been praying for more men like him, and it turns out it's my job to give birth to them all

Thanks again and blessings!
Heehee! Me too. We found out we're expecting boy #5
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister-in-law has six boys, and each time she became (or becomes!) pregnant she hopes for a girl. She has admitted to me on occasion that she was somewhat disappointed upon finding out... but like so many other things, it grows on you and then you can't imagine life without this precious little boy.

When I had my first baby... it was a girl! I felt so guilty! My second was a boy, and people would tell me I could stop having children because I had one of each - it doesn't work that way!

I love each of my children, but oftentimes find myself clashing with my daughter, and sometimes I think the reason why my sister-in-law kept having kids is because boys can be easier and she never had a daughter to clash with! We are all blessed with different things and for different reasons and I hope you can be content with the children God has given you... just like I hope I can be content with mine, despite how crazy they drive me at times!

You can look forward to your sons having girlfriends, one day having daughters-in-law and possibly granddaughters. Even though you may not have a girl of your own, one day there will be a girl in your family.
Preggers with baby #4!

Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
As a person of faith, I might even say that somebody has been praying for more men like him, and it turns out it's my job to give birth to them all
This is fantastic and so true. I am praying for men of faith for my girls
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #56
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
Lol. You can stop any time

Just kidding, but we did joke that a bunch of women went to see "Courageous" together and we are experiencing the prayer fallout. Honestly we may not be done after all. I am excited about our 4th boy now, but I am not ready to give up on the idea of having a daughter. May have to make a Microsort baby in a couple of years
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #57
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Lol. You can stop any time

Just kidding, but we did joke that a bunch of women went to see "Courageous" together and we are experiencing the prayer fallout. Honestly we may not be done after all. I am excited about our 4th boy now, but I am not ready to give up on the idea of having a daughter. May have to make a Microsort baby in a couple of years
I only have 2 girls so your other two are up for grabs
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #58
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just had our anatomy scan today, and it's another boy. He looks healthy, which is great. I'm still not excited, though. It's so hard for me not to get my hopes up, and each time it's another boy just gets harder and harder emotionally. At this point I don't know if we'll have any more children, we haven't decided, but just knowing this could possibly be our last is a HUGE disappointment.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #59
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
HAHA I was going to say the same thing! I have two girls that will need great men of faith, maybe we can work out an arranged marriage
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #60
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can totally relate. My 4th boy turns one next month and I'm still trying to come to terms with never having a daughter of my own. For all the reasons you mentioned. It's been particularly hard this past week because my SIL found out she's having a girl, the first in our kids' generation on both sides. She's pretty clueless that it's a sensitive subject for me so I've had to listen all about what a hassle it's going to be buying a whole new wardrobe...yeah, no sympathy here.

Hugs.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote