Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Someone please take these away from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
How did that go?
It's a week long thing that involves eating lots of bland cabbage soup and you get to eat veggies (no starchy ones) on one day, fruits (low sugar) on another day, fruits and veggies, beef and veggies, beef and tomatoes, etc. Basically a really low carb diet with lots of fiber and liquid and limited protein.

I "lost" 7 pounds. Once I started eating normally I gained 3 back immediately, so I am guessing 3 of that 7 was from my intestines. (But I wasn't racing to the bathroom or anything. I didn't go as often as normal either. )

The no salt, no fat, and little carbs made me really appreciate my normal diet-which is whole foods for the most part, but it does involve salt and fat.

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
It's a week long thing that involves eating lots of bland cabbage soup and you get to eat veggies (no starchy ones) on one day, fruits (low sugar) on another day, fruits and veggies, beef and veggies, beef and tomatoes, etc. Basically a really low carb diet with lots of fiber and liquid and limited protein.

I "lost" 7 pounds. Once I started eating normally I gained 3 back immediately, so I am guessing 3 of that 7 was from my intestines. (But I wasn't racing to the bathroom or anything. I didn't go as often as normal either. )

The no salt, no fat, and little carbs made me really appreciate my normal diet-which is whole foods for the most part, but it does involve salt and fat.
4 pounds in a week isn't too shabby. But I don't think I like cabbage that much. LOL. Thanks for sharing!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't know what I'm craving tonight, but it's sweet and junky and we surely don't have it. Cheese fries and a milk shake would be fabulous.

I tried to make myself a single-serving microwave chocolate chip cookie; mixed the butter and the sugar and realized I was out of eggs.
So I decided to make something up. Nuked some marshmallows and butter, added chocolate chips and sliced banana. Epic fail. Big ball of chewy chocolate yuck and slimy bananas.
I ended up eating yogurt. It did not hit the spot.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Just Ducky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was pregnant I pretty much lived on Mexican food. The smell of almost anything else (except for fresh fruits and veggies) made me so nauseated that I would literally cry. I -could not- be anywhere near pizza or most fried foods. I only had about a month of feeling okay throughout my entire pregnancy. I also craved chocolate. I had always liked chocolate but had never eaten all that much of it until I was pregnant. My OB said that the chocolate cravings were probably because my body wanted more calories and she made me start drinking Ensure Plus because she thought I wasn't gaining enough weight. (I'm not a very big person and I measured extremely small with DS even though he weighed just a bit over seven pounds when he was born. I maintain that it was because he was living where my stomach was supposed to be. )
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

He he. I ate a full size bag of Lays potato chips last night.... I only allow myself 2 bags a week... I want it soooo bad
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am eating nutella, from the container. It makes total sense to me right now. I may have to hide it.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
Mercy24
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just ate a slice of cheesecake... out of my hand. It makes me feel better if there's no evidence lol though it didn't really hit the spot. I'm feeling the salty/cheesy vibe. When I was prego with DS all I wanted was iced tea and subway, 9 months later that's still all I want. Oh and a chocolate banana shake, I cried when DQ started closing early cause it was winter.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
He he. I ate a full size bag of Lays potato chips last night.... I only allow myself 2 bags a week... I want it soooo bad
This made me LOL!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22sofar
I am eating nutella, from the container. It makes total sense to me right now. I may have to hide it.
Haha i did the same for DD1 and DD2, preferably in the evening when hubby wasnt looking Never touched nutella since then... It's sooooo good!
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #20
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Those are good!

I liked orange tic tacs w DD3 and Icees big time w DD3 & DD4