Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #31
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: "what's the lowest you'll take"

id just answer the question too, if the lowest im willing to go is my listed price, id say my price is firm, if not id tell them the lowest i would be willing to go.

Advertisement

TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #32
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

double post - so sorry
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #33
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. I can see how it would bug someone but it does not really bug me. Seriously, some people list their used diapers too high so I can see where the question would come in handy but if it is already a decent price then I could see it as rude. I just bought 10 diapers off a mama and offered her $15 less and we settled on $10 less then her original asking price. I think we both got a good deal. I am not on FSOT much so I don't know the if the low ball question is super common these days.
Hi! I'm Dawn. Wife and no label mama to my men ages 20, 12, 8 and 4 years old.Catholic God seeker. Homeschooling mama. Part time STAT and PICC RN. College Student (again). Volunteer with the MORELove Project and Union Gospel Mission.
eguisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #34
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is a great thread! I'm sure no one intends to offend anyone else on either side of our transactions, so it's good to see what kind of things bug people!

I really like it when sellers either put 'MMARO' or 'firm' on their listings, so I know how to approach them. Also, some people are maybe new (or uneducated) about pricing, condition, etc and want to be sure they're paying a fair price, so maybe sometimes that is how people learn too.

It can be hard to read people's tone through messaging though, so maybe the people that use this phrase just don't realize how they're coming off.
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #35
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhThiMom
I sold something on Craigslist and he showed up just a few minutes ago. It was a $60 cozy coupe that I listed for $10 so it'd go quick. He shows up and asks if I'd take $8. I said nope and he handed me a $10. I figured he wouldn't have driven out to my house if he wasn't willing to pay what I was asking.

As for on here, I'd just respond with the listed price. I only do discounts if it's been sitting for weeks, or they're getting multiple items.
I had a lady do this to me via CL once. I was selling a brand new Radian car seat because it didn't fit our car. I listed it for at least $100 off retail cause I wanted it to sell quickly. She shows up and says oh I only have xx amount on me, I think it was something like half of my asking price. I laughed at her.

I also think a question like this is quite rude on here. If I feel like the asking price for an item of my desire is more than I am comfortable with I move onto another listing. Pretty simple. I would hate for someone to feel that they had just been cheated. A fair price is a fair price. Why do people think they should get everything for free?
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #36
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Chocolate

I had a lady do this to me via CL once. I was selling a brand new Radian car seat because it didn't fit our car. I listed it for at least $100 off retail cause I wanted it to sell quickly. She shows up and says oh I only have xx amount on me, I think it was something like half of my asking price. I laughed at her.

I also think a question like this is quite rude on here. If I feel like the asking price for an item of my desire is more than I am comfortable with I move onto another listing. Pretty simple. I would hate for someone to feel that they had just been cheated. A fair price is a fair price. Why do people think they should get everything for free?
Idk I'll make an offer and if it's not worth it to seller than they can just say so.. I mean, fair to U and fair to ME are very subjective. I worked retail for new and used items for a long time. I worked whole sale, marketing for product conception. With that experience I have learned that the buyers often set the price. so it's best to not be irritated, to just say price is firm on CL (no offers please!) and maybe include that on DS too.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate when I ask if they would take X$ and they come back with Ill take that for the item and then you pay shipping which comes out to .20 cents lower than the original asking price. I'd rather them just say, price is firm. Im not going to haggle over .20 cents. I never ask someone whats the lowest they are willing to go. I make an offer usually 2$ or so less depending on the item and if they say no, I evaluate how badly I want the item. I don't get "whats the lowest you'll go?" Just make an offer?!? lol it never occured to me to even ask that.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #38
laura1982
Registered Users
seller

I appreciate this thread as I am about to list for the first time soon! I guess the answer is just to be polite but if your selling price is your lowest price, just restate that.
laura1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #39
Just Ducky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"I don't really have a lowest price in mind. I'll be more than happy to consider an offer but I do want a fair price for it. Please tell me what you have in mind? I'm sure we can work something out that we'll both be happy with."
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote