Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
jenright
Registered Users
seller

Creighton anyone?

I'm interested in learning the Creighton method but am having trouble finding information on teachers/classes in my area. Anyone know of a program in Oregon?

Advertisement

jenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

https://sites.google.com/site/stgian...itycarecenter/ I found that from fertilitycare.org
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Creighton anyone?

There's a mama on here, Kap7270, she'll reply when she sees this. She should be able to help you!

Last edited by blesdfish; 09-23-2012 at 09:29 PM.
blesdfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesdfish View Post
There's a mama on here, Kap7270, she'll reply when she sees this. She should be able to help you!
Thanks for the shout out I was on vacation this last week so on a forum-break. There's only one teacher in Oregon right now:
http://www.fertilitycare.org/oregon/

If that teacher isn't close enough, you can learn the method long-distance via phone or Skype. I (and many other teachers) are willing to teach long-distance. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
tobmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've never heard of this method. I'm interested too. My cycle is no where near regular when I'm not breast feeding, and when I am breast feeding (which I am right now) it's all sorts of crazy. Can you just temp when you don't have a regular cycle? We are thinking about starting NFP soon.
tobmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Kap7270
Registered Users

Temping isn't useful with irregular cycles or breastfeeding because it only confirms that ovulation has passed. You need advance notice of ovulation approaching which is what you get when observing for cervical mucus. the Creighton Model is a mucus-only method which is ideal for breastfeeding moms or women with irregular cycles. For avoiding pregnancy, it is 99.5% effective with perfect use and 96.8% effective with typical use. One of the other big advantages of the Creighton Model is the extensive education given to the teachers, and the amount of support that they provide to their couples. There are teachers all around the country or you can also learn the method long distance via Skype or phone. If you have any questions, just let me know!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobmom View Post
I've never heard of this method. I'm interested too. My cycle is no where near regular when I'm not breast feeding, and when I am breast feeding (which I am right now) it's all sorts of crazy. Can you just temp when you don't have a regular cycle? We are thinking about starting NFP soon.
Creighton is a very easy version of NFP. No temping, no cervical checks, nothing invasive like that. You observe what you see on the toilet paper every time you go to the bathroom and chart it at the end of the day. That's it! Perfect for irregular cycles, BFing, easy peasy. You do have to learn what to look for, so you go to a teacher for that. The changes in CM can be subtle for some.
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kap7270, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question.

I have done NFP in the past (charting temps, cervical mucous, cervical changes, and other cyclical changes). I have not been able to figure out how to use that information to TTA. I have fertile cervical mucous during the majority of my cycle, when i am cycling. Right now I'm breastfeeding and don't expect to get period or ovulate for at least several months to more than a year, based on past experience. Nevertheless, I have ewcm. How can I be sure a given day is "safe"?
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
Kap7270, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question.

I have done NFP in the past (charting temps, cervical mucous, cervical changes, and other cyclical changes). I have not been able to figure out how to use that information to TTA. I have fertile cervical mucous during the majority of my cycle, when i am cycling. Right now I'm breastfeeding and don't expect to get period or ovulate for at least several months to more than a year, based on past experience. Nevertheless, I have ewcm. How can I be sure a given day is "safe"?
Of course I don't mind! Some women (as you've experienced) do have continuous mucus and it can certainly be confusing but women can usually confidently identify their true fertile window with some expert help. Unfortunately, it's not something simple that I can just explain to you in a post but you really need to work with a well-trained teacher while charting (even if you're not in cycles now). Any Creighton teacher should be able to help you - I can help you find a local one or teach you myself long-distance.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for answering my question! It's good to know that there is some way to TTA with my usual mucus pattern. IIRC, TCOYF just says to abstain or use another method of birth control whenever there is any fertile mucus whatsoever. That advice is not helpful to me for obvious reasons. I can search the FertilityCare website if I want to find a teacher near me.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote