Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resellmybelle
I believe somewhere on ds rules, it states to wait until the buyer or traders actually "receive the item" until fb is left. That is what I do, and I pm the person to let them know I received it and that I will be leaving their fb.

If I am selling, I wait for fb to be left for me, then I give return fb. Otherwise I have no way of knowing they ever received it and it could lead to problems with the transaction down the road in the event of their missing package or disappointment in the item, etc. So, the transaction isn't necessarily over until the packages are received and the member is happy. I do not consider that holding the fb hostage, just giving accurate information on the transaction. Just because the buyer paid doesn't mean their part is over, kwim? The deal can go downhill quickly if they have any sort of issue and are inpatient or have unreasonable expectations. It happens.
This exactly. I would hate to leave positive feedback only because someone paid quickly, only for them to make a false claim afterwards and me not be able to retract my feedback. The transaction is not over until the buyer receives and inspects items IMO

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Feedback ettiquette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I don't believe in holding feedback hostage. IMO you are doing the right thing by leaving feedback after the buyer pays. They have finished their part of the transaction. I am notorious about not leaving feedback unless reminded. I do leave it immediately when I get a pm and every time, I say to myself, I am going to leave feedback right away and I forget until I get another pm.

There really isnt much you can do if people still arent leaving feedback after you send a friendly reminder. It stinks because accurate feedback helps all of us.
Mmm, but if a buyer flips out on a seller and a seller has already left positive feedback, there is nothing a seller can do.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
This exactly. I would hate to leave positive feedback only because someone paid quickly, only for them to make a false claim afterwards and me not be able to retract my feedback. The transaction is not over until the buyer receives and inspects items IMO
Exactly. Waiting until the buyer receives the item and expresses that they are satisfied is not holding feedback "hostage"... it's being a responsible seller, IMO, and waiting until the transaction is complete before leaving feedback.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I agree. As a buyer, I always leave feedback as soon as the item arrives and I have a chance to look over it. As a seller, I wait until I hear from the buyer that everything is good . Although, I've noticed that people rarely leave feedback anymore... not sure if it's because they're on the app, or they just don't do it, but it's annoying.
Agreed.

I used to leave feedback as soon as the buyer paid, but realized, from more experienced members that that may not be the best idea. I now wait until my buyer leaves me feedback after receiving their item.

I am always happy to respond to feedback requests and am also very irritated by people not leaving feedback, especially once you've reminded them.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Teachere
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
Exactly. Waiting until the buyer receives the item and expresses that they are satisfied is not holding feedback "hostage"... it's being a responsible seller, IMO, and waiting until the transaction is complete before leaving feedback.
I absolutely agree! I always wait until the end, as well. The transaction is not over until the buyer has inspected their items and is happy with their purchase. After all is done, then both parties should leave feedback.
Teachere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #16
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

As a buyer I always wait to get my item and look it over before leaving feedback. That way if there is an issue with it I haven't left positive feedback that could work against me in a claim if I happen to need to file.

As a seller I usually wait until a buyer leaves me feedback on their own. If they don't, I will contact them a couple of days after they've received my item (based on DC being updated) and ask them if they got it and if they are happy with it. I will tell them in the email that I'd like for us each to leave feedback so we can finalize the transaction but first I want to make sure they are happy with what they purchased.

If the buyer writes back and says everything is great then I'll go leave feedback at that point whether they've left it for me or not. That way if they file a claim later I have their PM stating they are happy with the item. If they don't respond then I don't leave feedback. Not because I'm holding it hostage but because I don't know whether there is a problem or not and I don't want to leave feedback and then find out afterwards that there is an issue. Plus I feel like if they can't be bothered to respond to that then they must not care all that much about feedback.

If I did happen to remember after the PayPal window is closed I suppose I would go leave it but with that window being 45 days, I simply don't think about it at that point.

Honestly, using this method I find it a lot easier to get feedback as a seller than as a buyer. Most of the time buyers respond to my message to confirm they got the package. But when I PM a seller with a friendly reminder about feedback, half the time it never gets read or they just ignore it. The other half of the time they go and leave feedback. So, I guess you could say I'm getting feedback roughly 70% of the time since I started doing things this way.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
3rugrats
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMamma View Post
And not that I am glad other people are experiencing the same issue, but at least I know it's not just "me."
I get feedback from about 1 in 4 people I sell to. It's not just you!
3rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
I always intend to and if we could from the app, I would but I don't get on the computer but rarely and even then, only for a couple minutes to do exactly what I need to.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote