Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cycle help

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I always answer PMs
Awesome. Thanks, mama!!

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Don't stay out of my threads... I like your help, too.

I may even PM you from time to time if I think of something to ask you!
Stalking

Carry on!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey Kimmie.....if my period is pretty long, but I ovulate early-ish and my leutal phase is within range do you think things could be fine? I'm kinda freaking out about this now and wondering if it's going to keep me from getting pg.

This month AF started on Aug. 31st and ended around September 9th and I got a positive opk on the evening of the 11th and mid morning of the 12th and then it went negative. I felt like I ovulated on the 13th based on cramping on my right side which was CD12. That would make my LP 15 days....which is normal right?

As long as my LP is normal is it okay if my FP is short? Obviously I'll discuss this with my doc. and I think that charting will give me a better understanding of why is going on, but I'm feeling nervous. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It sounds to me like things are ok, as long as you are having a long enough LP. The LP is most important in the cycle because it gives the fertilized egg time to implant and thrive until the placenta grows and then takes over.

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that our bodies actually have enough of a uterine lining within 2 to 3 days after stopping AF to give life to a fertilized egg. So yes, to me, that means that LP is much more important than the follicular phase.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #15
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Don't stay out of my threads... I like your help, too.

I may even PM you from time to time if I think of something to ask you!
Amen!! I love her advice! Lol

Op, I hope everything goes smooth at your appt!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #16
Kap7270
Registered Users

That isn't a very short FP, so I wouldn't be concerned. You do want to make sure that your doctor takes it into account when determining if your progesterone level is low - results can be very misleading when doctors assume that we all ovulate on day 14. Because they usually base their testing on day 14 for ovulation (knowing there will be variation), they have a very wide range of progesterone levels that they consider normal on day 21. So if your doctor uses this method for determining normal progesterone levels, he/she may consider your levels normal even if they are not.
The length of the LP is not the only important factor - as Kimmie said, you can have a normal length LP but the low progesterone level can cause that premenstrual spotting (and impaired fertility).
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post
Hey Kimmie.....if my period is pretty long, but I ovulate early-ish and my leutal phase is within range do you think things could be fine? I'm kinda freaking out about this now and wondering if it's going to keep me from getting pg.

This month AF started on Aug. 31st and ended around September 9th and I got a positive opk on the evening of the 11th and mid morning of the 12th and then it went negative. I felt like I ovulated on the 13th based on cramping on my right side which was CD12. That would make my LP 15 days....which is normal right?

As long as my LP is normal is it okay if my FP is short? Obviously I'll discuss this with my doc. and I think that charting will give me a better understanding of why is going on, but I'm feeling nervous. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, the only thing that is normal to vary is the FP of the cycle. Your body was still adding to your lining even though you were still haing some bleeding. Many women have this happen. THe LP will make sure that your lining thickens up more and gets sticky for implantation.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote