Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Addisynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I bled for almost 4 weeks after both c-sections.

Advertisement

Addisynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
annredhound
Registered Users

Re: Bleeding after c-section?

I bled alot with my c-section infact it was scary i had giant clots but they said since they were not as big as oranges it was okay to have ?!?! anyways I went through a lot of pads and wanted a lot of baths which my husband had to help me with plus dont laugh to hard it hurts really bad !
annredhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
Lisamomof7
Registered Users
Formerly: Lisamomof6

My Mood:

I have had 6 c/s and bled for about 5-6 weeks with each. With my first (twins) I did have a lot of clots. It is all totally normal, usually it would get worse if I was on my feet too much.
I agree about the laughing, it does hurt. I always tried to hold a pillow on my tummy to give it support for the first few days at least.

Good luck to you either way.
I love essential oils & sell them too! http://mydoterra.com/thesweetlife
Lisamomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

With my first (a vaginal delivery) I only bled 2 weeks. Kind of heavy for 2 days and then like a medium flow period for the rest... I got off easy and lucky! It might just be the way my body is... I normally have super crampy but short (2 days) and very light periods. But this time I am having a c/s (tomorrow actually!) and I have placenta previa so I could have extra bleeding due to that... they actually have to have 2 units of blood on hand during the c/s in case I bleed too much during the birth. :/
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingingrace View Post
My LO has been breech, and so there's obviously a possibility that I may have to have a c-section. We haven't tried a version yet, and it isn't for sure, but I'm just trying to think ahead and cover all the what if's. So, I have a dumb question: do you have vaginal bleeding after a c-section, like you do with a vaginal delivery, or do you not start bleeding until your first period shows up? I'm wondering if I need to stock up on pads if I do have a c-section. Thanks, and sorry to sound ignorant!
I bled for 3-4 weeks after my first 2 c-sections. With my 3rd c-section, I only bled 2 weeks at the most.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

With both of mine, I had the awful gushing every time I got up for about 3 days, about another week of bleeding that was like a normal period, and then 4-5 weeks of off/on spotting.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #17
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

On day 3 of recovering from my c/s right now! Bled quite a bit during surgery but not enough to need a blood transfusion. And now that it's all said and done, I can't believe how LITTLE I am bleeding! I am still in the hospital's giant pads with bedding pads etc just in case, but I could seriously have just used a regular period pad the first day and lightdays panty liners since then! Crazy!
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes!
And since it's so uncomfortable to move much, request a peri bottle to help clean up down there!
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #19
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingingrace View Post
My LO has been breech, and so there's obviously a possibility that I may have to have a c-section. We haven't tried a version yet, and it isn't for sure, but I'm just trying to think ahead and cover all the what if's. So, I have a dumb question: do you have vaginal bleeding after a c-section, like you do with a vaginal delivery, or do you not start bleeding until your first period shows up? I'm wondering if I need to stock up on pads if I do have a c-section. Thanks, and sorry to sound ignorant!
I'm honestly in the same boat as you. I've had 2 vaginal births and found out Wed that my baby has turned breech at 37.5 weeks. She had been head down and everything looking good for a normal delivery and then....WHAM! She threw us a curve ball. My dr. said that he was giving me one week to try and get her to turn (he's not even offering to do a version), or we'll schedule a c/s at my next appt (next Thursday) Anyway, I didn't think you sounded ignorant....honestly I got on the c-section boards to try and figure out what I might need to prepare for. I've got 3 appts with a chiro this week to try and help me get her to turn and have done spinningbabies techniques...but with such a little time frame I'm afraid I'll have no choice now.

Thanks mamas for explaining this because I didn't have any clue about this either.

Oh and one more thing....I know this may sound like a pity party of one but I'm sure some of you have had this happen before. It really is starting to stink that everyone else in my DDC has suddenly started going into labor. I've been having ctx since 28 weeks and suddenly went to none when she turned breech. Now, everyone else (including mamas due AFTER me) are having their babies...no problems....and I'm now just stuck like this. I had to get that off of my chest somewhere and honestly, didn't feel comfortable saying that on my DDC board.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
ladybugluvr2004
Registered Users
seller

You bleed just the same as you would with a natural birth. Sometimes depending on the person, the bleeding after the c-section can last longer than a natural birth. I have had 2 c-sections. With my first I bled longer than with my 2nd. With my first it was like 2-3 weeks. The 2nd one was about 1 1/2 weeks. It all comes down to each person's own body how long they will bleed. My doctors said you could bleed for up to 4 weeks, and spot for up to 6.
ladybugluvr2004 is offline   Reply With Quote