Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Registered Users
I don't use it on my body because it was so drying, I ended up super oily skin and hair (retaliation for overdrying). Soap just does that.

I put a few drops in half/half vinegar/water, with a dash of tea tree oil, as an all purpose cleaner.

I used the bar kind to make homemade laundry soap, till I found how much cheaper Kirks is.

It's good for dishes too. Just not all the time. It does build up.

No 2x4 Butt! A non-pad "Pad" fold to put flats in covers and pockets:
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Dr. Bronners-please help my ignorance

It leaves oil stains on my clothes in the laundry so I wouldn't recommend it for that!
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Registered Users
You are not supposed to mix bronners with vinegar! It will leave a film on whatever you are cleaning! Google it! It desoponifies the bronners!
greeneggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
My Mood:

Love Dr. Bronner's! We mostly use it as a body/face wash. I love their other products, too. Their company is in my hometown and I've been to their factory before.
Heather, wife to James & mommy to:
Jaden (8.06), Mara (8.07), Fenn (5.09),
Elias (7.10), & Levi (11.11) 80lbs lost!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
Registered Users
Formerly: naperica
My Mood:

I use my peppermint DB for cleaning the toilet! Just a little squirt and swish it around and ahhhh fresh and clean.
Erica - WAHM/Wife to Dom, Myles, Colby.
New Listings for Crib Sheets in my Etsy Shop!
ColbyCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Registered Users

I use it to clean my bathroom. It's been my go-to for over 10 years now. I rinse after (the diaper sprayer is perfect to rinse the tub so I don't have bend with my bad back) but I like that I'm not worrying about if I left any behind when ds is in the tub.

I prefer the peppermint since my youngest dd is allergic to lavender but I squirt it on a scrubby sponge & go to work in the tub & sink. I squirt some in the toilet & use a toilet brush. I used to keep a wet pail for diapers when I washed at the laundrymat & couldn't wash as often & I'd squirt a little in the diaper pail. I'd tried it on myself but I have eczema & allergies so it didn't work out.

The other day dh got poop from ds on the rug & I realized I was out of all our other cleaners. I mixed some of the peppermint Dr Bronners in a squirt bottle with water to spray on the rug & it cleaned it up really well.

I've found good prices at Trader Joes (TJ's has the 32 oz size for $9.99, that's the best I've seen) and Vitacost. I often just buy a half gallon or gallon & use that to refill a smaller bottle. The half gallon will last about a year.
Mom to my girls ('94), ('99) & ('02)
And my little guy (12/09)
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I love lavender essential oil for under my pillow if I'm having a hard time sleeping
Iluvbumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

I ditto that you can use Dr. B's for most everything. I remember as a kid my parents would bring it with us camping as our all purpose cleaner.

It will dry out your hair, but there is an upside. If you use a semi permanent dye that you aren't a fan of, 5 Dr. Bronners washes is equivalent to like 40 regular washes. I had a purple I didn't so much like once, and between the sun and Dr. B, it was all gone in the course of one weekend folk festival.
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote