Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff

ugh so glad you posted this. i know alot of her issues is from her being lip tied. last night after 2 hours of trying to nurse and her screaming i gave up and gave her 1 oz of formula and she went to sleep after just a little fussing. my SO and i said "if 1 meesly oz of formula is going to stop her crying and get her to sleep sue me" i know its so against the unwritten rules of breastfeeding but i dont care! i need my sanity and she needs to have a full tummy when i am obviously not giving her what she needs. its so frustrating and upsetting! doesnt help that i am an emotional wreck these days. i need a day to myself. i feel like i am being pulled in every direction with 3 kids. if one doesnt need something its the other. i know its the life of multiple children and i get that but mothers need "us" time too and well...i never have "me" time. like ever. a trip to the damn bathroom by myself is a break. taking out the garbage is somewhat of a break. sad? i think so. i am ebarrassed to admit this but sometimes i go 3 days without taking a freaking shower because at night its the hubby and 3 kids baths and well i can never have the time during the day cause one naps at a different time than the other ect ect. i guess i can take them in there with me, but what do ya know..something else i cannot even do on my own.....end rant
Mama, it's very rare for baby to only have a lip tie. LO is most likely ptt as well. Check out the fb group tongue tie babies support group.

ETA, I see you mentioned tongue tie in your first post, sry. Honestly, I would encourage you to get the lip and tongue clipped by someone who knows what they are doing. The fb group has Drs listed by city/state that are experienced diagnosing and clipping tiea.

Advertisement

Last edited by Connor; 09-28-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: bfing is so different this time around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff View Post
ugh so glad you posted this. i know alot of her issues is from her being lip tied. last night after 2 hours of trying to nurse and her screaming i gave up and gave her 1 oz of formula and she went to sleep after just a little fussing. my SO and i said "if 1 meesly oz of formula is going to stop her crying and get her to sleep sue me" i know its so against the unwritten rules of breastfeeding but i dont care! i need my sanity and she needs to have a full tummy when i am obviously not giving her what she needs. its so frustrating and upsetting! doesnt help that i am an emotional wreck these days. i need a day to myself. i feel like i am being pulled in every direction with 3 kids. if one doesnt need something its the other. i know its the life of multiple children and i get that but mothers need "us" time too and well...i never have "me" time. like ever. a trip to the damn bathroom by myself is a break. taking out the garbage is somewhat of a break. sad? i think so. i am ebarrassed to admit this but sometimes i go 3 days without taking a freaking shower because at night its the hubby and 3 kids baths and well i can never have the time during the day cause one naps at a different time than the other ect ect. i guess i can take them in there with me, but what do ya know..something else i cannot even do on my own.....end rant
I am in the same boat. I have 4 kids, one is 15 so he is easy. THe others are 3 and 4 and special needs to boot. Add a baby that I am constantly worried that my supply is not good for. It is stressful. I hear ya on showering and life. It can take days for one of us to bath with these kids around. Laundry is piling up, clean and dirty. I finally got through it and now have more. It just never ends. I live to go potty as it is like my only time and even sometimes the 3 yr old has to join me to hand me toilet paper for my china...LOL!

I too finally said screw it, if that night bottle makes him happy and go to sleep, then so be it. I am not going to make bedtime any more stressful than it is with 3 kids going down at the same time. Once I get the lip tie fixed, if they choose to, I hope he will have a stronger latch and make my supply better. Then we will deal with it.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff View Post
I'm sorry you're having a rough time, mama. I remember how tough the early months were, and I only have one kiddo!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #14
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Mama, it's very rare for baby to only have a lip tie. LO is most likely ptt as well. .
what is PTT? and thank you i will look into it. her doc doesnt seem concerned so i was thinking of having our dentist take a look next week since we will be there anyway. arent dentist qualified to take care of this?
Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Posterior tongue tie. Eh, some dentists are qualified, but often not. Check out the fb page tongue tie babies supporr group. They have a list of drs, dentist, ibclcs, etc that specialize in tongue ties. It's listed by city/state and you can find who is closest to you.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks so much. i have heard about posterior tongue ties just didnt get the ppt...doi! lol i will look into it..thank you!