Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #51
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimdel View Post
Looking for a thread just like this...thanks for the stories mamas. I am pretty much waiting for a miscarriage to start. I'm supposed to be 10 weeks but u/s yesterday showed no baby . I feel like a ticking time bomb, just waiting. I am spotting and it's turning more red, but no cramping. I'm just really hoping that this passes because taking cytotec doesn't appeal toe at all.
Danielle, My heart goes out to you. I hope you're at least physically ok right now and surrounded by loved ones to support you. Many, many, many Please come back to let us know how you are when you get a chance.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #52
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom

oh I'm so sorry sweetie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24

Danielle, My heart goes out to you. I hope you're at least physically ok right now and surrounded by loved ones to support you. Many, many, many Please come back to let us know how you are when you get a chance.
Thanks so much ladies. I ended up passing the pregnancy on my own last Sunday on our anniversary. I was just happy that I was able to do it naturally. The heaviest, crampiest part was only about 2 hours. I saw the dr the next day for our appt that was scheduled as my first prenatal visit and she checked me out and thought everything had passed. She ordered 2 Hcg draws and that is dropping very quickly. Still bleeding, but it's slowed way down now. So physically doing fine and still an emotional mess. I thought we would just try immediately but now that I've had a little while to think I don't think it's a good idea for us. Makes me terribly sad to wait now because we wanted this baby so badly, but I just don't feel like its something we can handle right away
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine is still a work in progress as it's not over yet, but this isn't something anyone wants to hear about, so it's nice to have somewhere to get it all out.

I found out I was measuring WAY behind at my 9wk ultrasound. I had to wait until that Friday to hear that my beta levels were dropping rapidly. Saturday I had a bit of bleeding, then it stopped completely. A little spotting on Sunday, but not anything note worthy. Monday nothing. All day Tuesday I had regular bleeding. Wednesday morning I got up and when I went to the bathroom I passed 2 large "globs". It may have been the blood that collected while I slept. All day Wednesday steady bleeding. Wednesday evening while cleaning the kitchen there was a huge gush. I seriously wondered if I peed myself. Went to the bathroom and the blood was just flowing out. No sooner did it slow and I wiped and got up I felt another gush. Passed several large globs again. This was definitely not from pooling blood as I had been standing for quite some time.

So my body is at least making progress. It sucked a LOT having to wait over a week, knowing my baby had stopped living, but nothing happening.

I haven't had much pain so far. I don't know if the worst is yet to come or if I'm just lucky. I guess time will tell.

ETA---I'm 99% certain everything has passed now. I haven't had cramping, so I was just going about my life. Well, as a result, I wasn't on the toilet when everything came out. Talk about a horrible sensation. Feeling everything come pouring out into your pad/underwear. But the bleeding slowed immediately and I don't feel "heavy" down there any more. I almost feel bad that it was so easy physically, but I have SUPER fast and easy labors, so maybe they go right in line with each other. I don't know. I hope it's over now though so I can try to move forward.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!

Last edited by Fishie Kisses; 11-14-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #54
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so sorry for everyone's losses. I would like to say thank you for putting this out there, though. I agree, it shouldn't be so taboo. I have not ever experienced m/c at this point and I pray I never will. I had a post-particular hemorrhage at home a week after having DS that was similar to what you guys are describing. Thankfully it happened when DH was home so he drove me to the ER. At home, I passed a clot larger than my hand and fingers together and a second one slightly smaller. I truly thought I was going to bleed to death b/c we live 40 minutes from the hospital. Sadly, I ended up having two more (less severe) hemorrhages before they did the D&C and removed a large fibroid (which we had known about all along). I, too, had retained placenta plus the large fibroid. to have the D&C or not is a very personal decision but given my experiences with bleeding and a D&C, I found the D&C to be a cakewalk compared to the trauma of blending so severely, hurting like I did and being so terrified. (And by no means does a D&C not have risks too...this was just my experience.) Anyway, i wish someone had old me how bad hemorrhage can be and that you can still be okay. Again, I truly thought i was dying that night. Furthermore, I was scared that if I survived, the only way to do so would be to have an emergency hysterectomy - no what i wanted at all. This was discussed but after being admitted to the hospital and medicated, I was assured it was under control. Big hugs, mamas. I hope we all get BFPs very soon and have complication-free babies.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #55
JenJoshCallieCarter
Registered Users

Unhappy Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

I just experienced my first miscarriage. Before I tell my story just let me say, the way I was explained it would feel was like a heavy period. It was FAR FAR from a heavy period. Why do they not explain that possibly you will feel like you are going through painful labor? That is what you are doing. I had worse contractions than my first delivery, which was an induced labor. It was excrusiating. Not only was it incredibly painful, it was scary. After going through about 3 hours of contractions that kept getting closer and closer together, I woke up to my 15 month old throwing up. When I got up to help my husband take care of him, I gushed out. The contractions stopped for a while as I kept passing huge clots, bigger than my fist. I had to sit on the toilet and just keep gushing out. I literally couldnt try and catch anything. I felt like I was flushing my baby down the toilet. Just awful. After a while I started to feel very faint. I couldnt even crawl across the floor without feeling like I was going to pass out. My blood pressure had dropped so low I was having trouble breathing and was white as a ghost. I had already been to the ER earlier that morning, just for them to send me home and tell me to wait it out to see if baby passed by itself, they didn't even give me the option to have a dnc even though I asked. So back to the ER we went. When I got there I was so weak I couldn't even state my name, they rushed me back and immediately started fluids and did 2 blood transfusions. I started heavy contracting again, an ultrasound had shown that I had already passed baby but there was still "product" still in there. Had to wait until morning for dr to get there to do a dnc. Meanwhile the nurse taking care of me on several occations ignored me to chat it up with my husband (who is a doctor she found out, so obviously she felt she had so much in common with him) she seemed pretty flirtatious and completely insensative to what I was going through. Not only that, but she was the worst IV giver I have ever seen and had to keep reinserting the needles, which had to be on both sides since my blood pressure was dropping so fast, they had to do blood transfusion on both sides. WORST night of my life. I pray to never see days like this again. I just don't think my heart could take it. All this being said, I am not telling my story to scare anybody, only to identify with others who have gone through this as it was so traumatic. I do believe time will make it easier. I was just released from the hospital yesterday morning so everything is still fresh and I am just wanting comfort. Many women have experienced this and make it through. It's comforting to know that so many understand this pain I and my family are going through.
JenJoshCallieCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #56
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thankyou for sharing. My own story is somewhere in the struggles and support forum.
A friend with 5 kids recently asked me what it's like to go through a mc and I told her: Just like childbirth. Only when it's all over and your body feels like a train wreck, you have no baby to hold in your arms and cuddle. She cried with me.

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 10-21-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #57
cuppajojo
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry for your loss and for your experience, but thank you very much for sharing. I've not experienced a miscarriage myself, but I know people who have and it now helps me better understand what they went through. Thank you.
cuppajojo is offline   Reply With Quote