Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
TexasHeatherLynn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not giving placements because of pets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
interesting enough they wanted to see records that our cat was immunized but they didn't care or even ask for anything for my kids. The dr. just needed to sign a form stating they were healthy, but didn't ask if they were up to date on their vaccines. I even asked the licensor if it was a problem, and she said that foster parents didn't have to have their own children vaccinated but needed to give the foster children their vaccinations.
I kind of laughed about that here too. We stopped vaccinating with our last child, and I was SO scared it was going to stop us from fostering. Um, no. Just as long as we agreed to vaccinate the foster babies, it was fine.

Advertisement

Riley & Dusty, twins lost 12/11 & 31/03~~Brody born still 5/28/05
TexasHeatherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
There have been studies that have shown that infants living in homes with pets (including outdoor going pets) require fewer doctor visits and have have stronger immune systems.
Indeed! We have 4 cats and I regret that we didn't also have a dog before my son was born. Animals + kids + adult supervision = great bonding experiences!

My Athena used to come running when Aidan would cry, rub up against him, and give him her tail to suck on to make him feel better.

She's...considerably less tolerant of him now as a 4yr old though
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
interesting enough they wanted to see records that our cat was immunized but they didn't care or even ask for anything for my kids. The dr. just needed to sign a form stating they were healthy, but didn't ask if they were up to date on their vaccines. I even asked the licensor if it was a problem, and she said that foster parents didn't have to have their own children vaccinated but needed to give the foster children their vaccinations.
why do i say this after every post you make? get out of my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHeatherLynn View Post
I would think that your sister would be fine as long as she got a letter from the vet stating that the dogs cannot get any further vaccinations, and with a statement of their health and being disease free.
i agree. although like you said if your county isn't in desperate need for foster homes they might be able to be choosy. sad because it obviously doesn't make your sister any less of a suitable parent/foster parent.