Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #211
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Heather - did you have an appt (u/s?) this week?

Susan - enjoy your stay! I'd be a-ok with the u/s, too.
Sadly no. My great aunt passed away. She was an amazing person, and we joined in with my family to travel to NY for the funeral. I had to reschedule for tues. Thankfully the wee one is moving everyday so I'm pretty confident things are ok. I probably should sell my Doppler too, total waste this time geez.

Have a great time Susan!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #212
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Sept 16-30)

Oh no! I'm sorry for your family's loss.
for daily movement - that makes the need for the u/s (as far as for peace of mind) a lot less urgent.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #213
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
We could call it "bumpy dust" LOL. It's multi-purpose, since the bumps could be kicks, heartbeats, bellies, whatever we need it to be in our particular situations.
Oh I love that! Bumpy dust fits well!
I think for many of us the fear doesn't go away until we hold our healthy babies in our arms.

AFM-my cold is better thankfully. Trying not to obsess but that is not going so well. I'm much less nauseous than I usually am and while I randomly puke (sorry TMI!) I don't have my 'normal' 24/7 feeling like death nausea. Trying not to worry because obviously being nauseous/feeling like that didn't mean no m/c. 3 days to go until my next u/s.

Side note-what is the earliest you guys here found the hb on the doppler? Obviously 5w3d is too early but I still wonder when I should start trying to find it.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #214
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Oh I love that! Bumpy dust fits well!
I think for many of us the fear doesn't go away until we hold our healthy babies in our arms.

AFM-my cold is better thankfully. Trying not to obsess but that is not going so well. I'm much less nauseous than I usually am and while I randomly puke (sorry TMI!) I don't have my 'normal' 24/7 feeling like death nausea. Trying not to worry because obviously being nauseous/feeling like that didn't mean no m/c. 3 days to go until my next u/s.

Side note-what is the earliest you guys here found the hb on the doppler? Obviously 5w3d is too early but I still wonder when I should start trying to find it.

8w3d is the earliest I've ever heard of (mom was super skinny and didn't have a tilted uterus and placenta was at the back)

I've found it at 9w even with both my boys. I'm average weight, non-tilted uterus, posterior placenta both times.
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #215
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I got it at 8w1d this time (posterior placenta, average weight (117 lbs pre-preg, 5'0"). I tend to find it more easily at around weeks 8/9/10 than I do at 11/12, then it reappears more easily at week 13 or so.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #216
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I kwym, worrying about not feeling right or sick enough for things to be okay. 3 days. You can do it

I've never used a doppler myself, but have heard of quite a few mamas on here who are able to find hb at 8wks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I tend to find it more easily at around weeks 8/9/10 than I do at 11/12, then it reappears more easily at week 13 or so.
That actually makes a lot of sense - at 8-10wks baby is not able to move around, really. The limb buds could get some movement, and baby could bop around, but not the swimming/moving all over the place, kwim? At 11-12wks, baby starts that next movement phase, so he can swim away and hide

AFM: Maybe that bumpy dust is working? I'm sure I felt some movement yesterday in town, and this morning during one of my awake-but-wish-I-was-asleep times. It wasn't kicking yet, but it was that tickling moving, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #217
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

I kwym, worrying about not feeling right or sick enough for things to be okay. 3 days. You can do it

I've never used a doppler myself, but have heard of quite a few mamas on here who are able to find hb at 8wks.

That actually makes a lot of sense - at 8-10wks baby is not able to move around, really. The limb buds could get some movement, and baby could bop around, but not the swimming/moving all over the place, kwim? At 11-12wks, baby starts that next movement phase, so he can swim away and hide

AFM: Maybe that bumpy dust is working? I'm sure I felt some movement yesterday in town, and this morning during one of my awake-but-wish-I-was-asleep times. It wasn't kicking yet, but it was that tickling moving, kwim?
Exciting!!! Yay for bumpy dust!!!

AFM: laying on my tummy (I'm a belly sleeper) and I can feel my uterus. At least that seems to be growing just enough for me to feel the firmness down there. COME ON BUMP!
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #218
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather, I'm sorry for your loss I'm glad you were able to go be with your family though, and honor your great aunt together.

Yay for bumpy dust!!! The name does fit this group, and it's working! Bumpy dust for everyone!!!!!

Not much going on over here, except trying to get this tornado of a house back under control. Sigh I haven't lifted a finger since 5 weeks when the ms really kicked my butt, and now I'm 15 weeks. That's 10 weeks of doing NOTHING in the way of housework. I was swamped at work and exhausted and sick, so all my energy went to getting work done (since we need the paycheck) and I ignored the house. I only did laundry, and didn't even put it away, so it's all folded and stacked in baskets in the bed rooms. Be afraid... be very afraid!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #219
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

New month, new thread!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote