Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Back at Work ans Stressed Out - Help!

I started back at work after my year mat leave, and I'm totally stressed out trying to find the time to get everything done. I would love some suggestions for making my life run more smoothly.

Here's a typical weekday:

5:20 am - alarm goes off, hop in the shower and get dressed. Both kids are usually up by the time DH and I are done getting ready, so we each get one kid ready. I usually nurse DD before I get dressed.
6:40 am - out the door and headed for daycare. The kids eat breakfast at daycare, and DH and I grab something when we get to work.
7:00 am - DH and I are on the bus and headed to work. We park our one car at daycare and take transit to work.
8:00 - 4:00 pm - at work. I race out the door right at 4 so that I won't miss the transit connections I need to make to get to the daycare at a reasonable time.
4:45 pm (if I'm lucky) - pick up the kids and drive home. If not, I'm usually about 20 minutes behind for the rest of the evening.
5:15 pm - at home and nursing DD. Usually I turn on the tv to keep DS occupied, or he plays with his toys.
5:45 pm - make dinner. This is the worst time of day. The kids are both desperate for my attention that a quick dinner that should take 15 minutes to make usually ends up taking 45 minutes.
6:30 pm - eat dinner. DS rarely eats even though he's starving, and DD takes an hour to eat.
7:30 pm - bathe the kids and put them to bed, including stories and nursing DD.
8:30 pm - come downstairs to start dishes and tidying up.
9:30 pm - go to bed. DD often wakes at least once a night, and is usally up to nurse at 4:30 am. By the time I finish nursing her it's time for us to start our day.

DH often works late and even on a good day he isn't home until it's time for the kids to go to bed.

As you can see, my day is long and packed full. I love being at work, but I hate the rest of the day. Weekends are usually spent running errands and doing chores that don't get done during the week like cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry. Help!