Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

How long did it last you?

I bought mine in January of 08 when I had my daughter. I returned to work in March and pumped there 1-3 times a day, 3 times a week, plus pumped at home some. I did that about six months.

I was a SAHM once my son was born in April 09, so I very rarely pumped, as he refused bottles anyway.

Baby three is seven months old, and I once again wasn't diligent about getting a backup freezer stash in the beginning. I've started pumping in the last week at least 4 times a day. It's not necessarily about the output, I know I can't expect to produce a lot just starting, but the suction seems weak. I'm afraid my pump is just going bad. Did yours last this long or longer and still function well?

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you own/have owned a PISA

i used mine multiple times a day for 15 months with dd. i am the second owner and i have also loaned it to a friend. still works great, manufacture date 12/06
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 09-30-2012 at 10:37 PM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

:/ maybe mine has a defect. It's really hard to describe, but it sucks in, then my nipple just slowly slides back, instead of suck, release. I don't think I described that well at all, but you can't really take a video of that for YouTube. lol
Old 09-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know what your saying. I bought my first one used. It started going out right after I bought it. It had a date of manufacture 2006. If I pushed the knob in it would work fine. But it was always on the lowest setting no matter how high the knob was unless I pushed it in.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
fullofheart
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you own/have owned a PISA

Did you change out all the replaceable parts? In particular I'm wondering if you need new membranes, because after sitting unused between kids I bet they wouldn't be good anymore!

One of my work friends used hers over 7 years for over a year of full time work use with two kids. With her third, when he was 6 months old it started smoking one day and that was the end of it, but in my opinion she got her money's worth out of it!
fullofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

I actually replaced the membranes the first day I used it, so last Thursday. I could only find one so I bought a new pack. Where do I find the DOM?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

8/17/06. That's what I get for buying at a local pharmacy. It was almost 18 months old when I bought it.