Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

My skin started out like that, but before it got too bad I started using this after I washed my face: http://www.kiehls.com/on/demandware....ontent=Default

It cleared up right away! I <3 Kiehl's.

Advertisement

KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
you can also tease the top of your hair a little that will give it volume
Yup. Although I don't ever tease mine - I shudder just imagining having to comb that out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I finally went and got a hair cut for the first time since getting pregnant... And my cousin/hairdresser found a BUNCH of greys in the back, hiding on me! Eep! I'm too young for that, I swear!
Sucks to find out there's gray in there, eh? At least in the back you can't see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Oh! And I no-poo! I did the transition while on mat leave last year and just kept it in a pony tail.. It wasn't THAT bad.. Now I do a baking soda/vinegar rinse twice a week. My hair is so much better! Only, I find that while pregnant my body thinks I'm 14 again... Super greasy hair, face full of zits, and awful BO!
I've heard of no-poo'ers that only have to wash once every couple weeks - I'd love that!
Yes on the BO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I have great skin and hair while I'm pregnant and my nails get really strong. But I also get bad BO, so I might look good, but don't get too close

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I did no-pooing for about two months. I am really sensitive to most sulfate and paraben free shampoos so I gave it a good try. Unfortunately it gave me super bad dandriff or something. No matter how much I scrubbed I would get flakey, greasy, itchy scalp. The last straw was when I was showering with DS and he got some vinegar in his eyes. I felt like the worst parent ever that day.

Right now I use some random shampoo bar from my health food store. It takes me for ever to wash my hair now, but I only wash it about 2-3 times a week. My hair stays nice and curly with much less frizz! And I have gotten it in _my_ eyes and it didnt send me into a painful rage.
Oh no, poor little guy! I really gotta get the guts up to try it one of these days - not putting it in my eyes, lol, but no-poo in general!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Every time I hear "no-poo" my knee jerk first thought is "constipation". ;P
HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. Hard to say if I am feeling better. I know I managed about 12 hours of cleaning the old house over the past 2 days and managing that seems amazing. I sure hope it passes inspection. Took 3 hrs to do the kitchen. Ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
The fatigue is fading, thank God! I hate being so lazy in pregnancy, but it feels like I'm weighed down with bricks in the beginning. We got a ton cleaned and organized this weekend, so I'm thankful we are moving in the right direction.
Yup, I'm ready to have a clean and tidy house again. I've barely been getting the minimum done around here since m/s kicked in. Blah. But hopefully over the next couple weeks my energy will all return and the house will be back to normal.

AFM: Still exhausted come evening and can't stay awake past 9pm, but I'm feeling less and less , and it's hitting later and later in the day/evening now - so that's a step in the right direction!

DH was talking to FIL yesterday and FIL said he'll be here on Saturday!!! Can't wait! Saturday is actually our 11th anniversary, but I can't think of a better way to spend our day than moving their things into their new house! We'll get a chance to get away for a night when they're settled in and I'm feeling better (and able to stay awake, lol).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

My hair isnt really a bother, but my skin is ive had grays for awhile now. I color my hair

Had tummy issues saturday while out shopping! Had to go to my in laws for a private potty *blush*
Lost a few pounds too. So I have a net gain of zero pounds and I'll ne 14w on wednesday. Im okay with that, too
Plan on cleaning today. Its nice out so I'll open windows!

Hope everyone's monday is good!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Had tummy issues saturday while out shopping! Had to go to my in laws for a private potty *blush*
Lost a few pounds too. So I have a net gain of zero pounds and I'll ne 14w on wednesday. Im okay with that, too
Oh no! That would be... embarassing, lol.
I am definitely not at zero lbs gained. Meh. Whatever.

Ooo! Enjoy the nice weather! We're supposed to have decent weather today, warmer than average, but then the rest of the week is supposed to cool down - and they're even talking about possible snow at the end of the week !!! NOOO!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had my 12 week transnuchal scan today! Everything looked great. It never gets old seeing a baby growing inside you!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
My hair isnt really a bother, but my skin is ive had grays for awhile now. I color my hair

Plan on cleaning today. Its nice out so I'll open windows!

Hope everyone's monday is good!
I am at -2 pounds so far, but I think that's mostly because I stopped working out when morning sickness kicked in.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Oh no! That would be... embarassing, lol.
I am definitely not at zero lbs gained. Meh. Whatever.

Ooo! Enjoy the nice weather! We're supposed to have decent weather today, warmer than average, but then the rest of the week is supposed to cool down - and they're even talking about possible snow at the end of the week !!! NOOO!!!!
Snow!?!? Ack. No thank you. Im talking 70 nice. I enjoy low electric bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
I had my 12 week transnuchal scan today! Everything looked great. It never gets old seeing a baby growing inside you!
Awe! Jealous I dont to see baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I am at -2 pounds so far, but I think that's mostly because I stopped working out when morning sickness kicked in.
I'll take negative net gain. I have worked out since ms arrive and ive felt better for a good month. Just no energy.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Snow!?!? Ack. No thank you. Im talking 70 nice. I enjoy low electric bills.
we had temps of 77-80 over the weekend! Today it's supposed to get to mid-60s, then we're down to 45-50 for the rest of the week. The snow would be at night (below freezing, obviously) but that's still snow... all ready... FAR too early for snow!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena
Hooray!

I am really enjoying the great weather here. It rained all day yesterday and brought in a wonderful cold front. I actually played outside with DS for an hour without sweating out a gallon of water!

So I had packed up my rented doppler to send back 6 weeks early. Then last night terror took over and I convinced myself bad things were happening (mostly because its the same time I found out I miscarried last time). So I carefully sliced open the fed ex envelope and tried to find the baby. I had just about given up when I found it! 170 bpm! I know its not over yet, but I slept well last night.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

people want volume?? I use spray wax to weigh my hair down or I have an ultimate fro :P No, I know I'm weird like that, I see the commercials for 'weightless hair products' and I'm like 'no - give me some weight!' My hair looks pretty thick and then hair stylists figure out that it's not thick, it's puffy. Got a lot of air in there or something :P

I swear by regular ol' witchhazel for clear skin. Did miracles on my adult acne skin and it costs like $1.50 and lasts for MONTHS. Doctors told me I'd have to live with a rash on my DD's face and I started wiping her with witchhazel after bath and her mysterious rash went away almost immediately. For me, it's wash, witchhazel, moisturize.

All in all, my skin stays normal through pregnancy. Except those weird dark spots, I get 'the mask'. I have cold sores/fever blisters on my nose right now cause dealing with this move, the birthday party and DH's illness all at once was too stressful. He's been sick for about 5 days now and that makes him a great 'SAHD' for a few days, but meant that I had to pull extra duty clearing out the old house.

Pulled out the doppler the other night because I was freaking out, expected something like 170 like you got, but highest I got was 127. Hoping baby was just really relaxed or something.

and now life is back to normal. I worked late last night with the house, dropped my keys off on the counter, locked the doors and I'm done. Went to the park with friends this morning, lunch, now DD is on naptime. As far as I'm concerned, life is going back to normal. Second trimester though and this nasty metallic taste is still in my mouth.. I thought that disappeared earlier than now.

ETA: oh.. and I have grey hairs and I LOVE them. I do color my hair sometimes, but I always wish that they would resist the color and show up. I don't know why I love them, but I've had them on and off since like kindergarten (maybe cause I'm a high stress person??) and I just like them.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 10-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote