Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
SomeThing
Registered Users
seller

Microfleece rocks!

Just tried a microfleece insert in our night time diaper and... WOW! Our first uninterrupted night's sleep in over a month! LO was letting us know as soon as his diaper was wet at night, so even though he didn't quite wake up *I* did. But last night... no fussing, and everyone slept soundly.

Can't wait to cut more inserts! This may well change my life! Thanks to all the mamas who helped me figure this out!

Advertisement

SomeThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
HotPotato1010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Microfleece rocks!

Oooh, educate me! So, you just purchase some microfleece from Joann fabrics and cut it out? That's it??

I'm new to this, but to me it seems like fleece would be itchy or repel liquid. Can you tell me what happens?
HotPotato1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
cher0105
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I am intrigued as to what actually absorbs the liquid. Explain your insert please!
cher0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like the OP had a LO who was upset about feeling wet at night. Many fleeces let moisture flow right through and keep the surface feeling dry. The absorbent stuff is below. Just like any of our pockets or AIOs with material inside that feels dry.

So... You can just cut fleece in the shape of a liner and lay it in.

A few fleeces repel, and some repel in one direction and not the other.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
SomeThing
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
It sounds like the OP had a LO who was upset about feeling wet at night. Many fleeces let moisture flow right through and keep the surface feeling dry. The absorbent stuff is below. Just like any of our pockets or AIOs with material inside that feels dry.

So... You can just cut fleece in the shape of a liner and lay it in.

A few fleeces repel, and some repel in one direction and not the other.
Yes, that's right. The microfleece itself doesn't absorb, it just lets the liquid through and the fleece itself feels dry. So LO doesn't feel the wet diaper, and therefore doesn't wake me up at 3am. :-)

I just went to Joann Fabrics and got some microfleece, then cut it into strips. Nothing fancy. I got microfleece (as opposed to blizzard fleece, sweatshirt fleece, anti-pill fleece, etc) because other posters on this forum said that is the thing to get. It's 100% polyester. I don't know if the other types of fleece would work, I just got microfleece based on advice from others.

The next challenge will be finding an overnight diapering routine that can hold up all night (we've been changing 2-3 diapers a night until now). But that's a challenge I'm happy to face!
SomeThing is offline   Reply With Quote