Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is the REAL chance of miscarriage...

Thanks, guys.

It's just scary. I'm older now... and that alone makes me wonder if my body can handle another pregnancy. I just want to feel the little peanut move. When I can start to feel movements (which was around 12 weeks with my last babe), I think that I'll feel much better. Just a few more weeks! Then, a few weeks after that, will find out what it is... then (hopefully) it'll be smooth sailing from there for me!

Man... sticky bean, sticky bean... just gotta pray for a sticky little bean.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm praying for your sticky bean!

I had a loss at 16 weeks. I had no previous m/c and I had 4 healthy babies and pregnancies before that. This came out of the blue. Baby was fine at the u/s and passes 1 week later. Also, I have been overweight for all my pregnancies and even drank a 2liter of DP everyday while pregnant with my 2nd. So, idk! Ugh!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know it's hard cause I tend to be a worrier too, but what does worrying change? Nothing! Just try to enjoy each day

Matthew 6 the LORD is in control.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never had any health issues. Had DS easily. And then had two unexplained m/c. Had dd (with issues). and then had another unexplained m/c.

with my first m/c we saw the babies heartbeat 3 different times I thought I was out of the woods
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

You're young and healthy... You have everything going for you! Try not to stress over something you can't control. *hugs* Everything will be just fine!

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my 7th pregnancy. I have 3 living children...one was a very complicated pregnancy and he turned out to have some health problems even though I was young and the healthiest I had been in my life leading up to/during my pregnancy with him. I had one miscarriage after my 2nd child, and 2 miscarriages after my 3rd child was born. I've struggled a lot with fear during pregnancy, and it is still a battle each day to some degree. I've adopted a motto this time around...

"what will be, will be"

It reminds me that I am not in control...and that I'm doing everything I can to be healthy and have a healthy baby...but in the end, it's not in my control. I also remember that after having a difficult pregnancy and sick baby (he's doing pretty great at age 4 though!), I know that I'd go through it all again in a heartbeat just to have my son....so basically my mottos are "what will be, will be" and "I'll take whatever baby God gives me...even a sick one "

:hugs" to you!! Hoping that things will work out for you
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any statistics for you, but I've been in your shoes. My 3rd pregnancy was a m/c and it literally crushed me.

Instead of worrying about tomorrow, talk to your baby TODAY. Let him or her know how much you love her/him. Thank them for being there TODAY!
It's hard to let go of the power and just not know what's going on. That's why it's called a miracle!
I used to write letters to my babies while I was pregnant and thank God that he has given me that day with my precious baby and prayed that I was able to carry term and have a healthy baby.

Just my thought!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My first pregnancy ended in a M/C at 10 weeks but I had a lot of bleeding. With my DD I was so worried all the way through. I really thought I'd never have a baby at the end of it. I was just waiting to make it out of the 1st trimester. Then I was just waiting to make it to 24 weeks when the baby could survive if she came early. Then I was just waiting to make it to 30 weeks. I remember crying my eyes out because my boobs stopped hurting one day. I remember panicking over every small pain. I'd be stressed out whenever the baby didn't move for a while and poke her all the time to get her to move. I had no complications and she came a week late. Now I'm pregnant again but I'm not quite so worried. I have my baby to hug and it keeps me more busy so I don't obsess as much.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
Thanks, guys.

It's just scary. I'm older now... and that alone makes me wonder if my body can handle another pregnancy. I just want to feel the little peanut move. When I can start to feel movements (which was around 12 weeks with my last babe), I think that I'll feel much better. Just a few more weeks! Then, a few weeks after that, will find out what it is... then (hopefully) it'll be smooth sailing from there for me!

Man... sticky bean, sticky bean... just gotta pray for a sticky little bean.
You are NOT old, for heaven's sake! ;-) I'm 31!!! Making me feel like a grandma over here. LOL

I do the TP check too though it has gotten better as I've gotten farther along.

I don't know if you are religious or not but if anything in life is unpredictable it is pregnancy and death. There is pretty much nothing you can do to control these events. You are healthy. You are doing all the right things. Will worry change the outcome? Most def not.

Love this baby for as long as you can. Just like you do with your living children. Cherish every moment you have. :-)

That being said, I know it's hard not to be preoccupied by it all. Especially when you are a control freak (like me!).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh