Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokzie View Post
Morgan
Starting Weight: 235
Current Weight: 235
Short-Term Goal: 199 by New Years
Long-Term Goal: 150 in as long as it takes!
Weight Lost to Date: I've only been gaining. Time to change!
Weight Loss Plan: Cut meals in half, drink more water, join a zumba class and keep moving.. also, daily walks. Keep on my thyroid meds too.. just found out a month ago that I have hypothyroidism. Today is the day I begin the change forever!! NEW LIFE HERE I COME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
Can I join you ladies?

Your name Melissa (Mel)
Starting Weight 191
Current Weight 188
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) 25 lbs by Christmas
Long-Term Goal 131, healthy weight
Weight Lost to Date 3 lbs
Weight Loss Plan Taking metformin for Insulin resistance, and going to start the Insulin resistance diet after I finish reading the book. I also intend to get back to my 100oz of water daily
Going to go back to Couch 2 5k after I am on this dose of Met for a week, and then adding 30 day shred the following week.
Welcome to both of you!

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm joining - again I have gained/lost 25lbs more times than i care to admit..... so i need to put this "on paper" to keep that 25off and lose the other 40!! So here's me:

Your name - Maggie
Starting Weight - 232
Current Weight - 199
Short-Term Goal - in the 180's by my sisters wedding in 5ish weeks.
Long-Term Goal - 158lbs however long i takes
Weight Lost to Date - In the last month i lost 23lbs, honestly - i have bounced between 195-215lb for 2 years now. It's a terrible yo yo - so i am on the low end of that ATM and intend to keep it that way. From my heaviest point ever though i am 33lbs down.
Weight Loss Plan - MFP tracking and exercise.

So there's me - and now can i ask a question of you ladies? I am really really struggling mentally with how many calories to eat. MFP tells me to NEVER eat below 1200 or i will go in to starvation mode. I spent all summer eating 40/30/30 (eg in the zone) running my booty off and lost 4lbs. I ate more, i ate less, i did it the "healthy" way. And got nada. So i finally said screw it and literally ate next to nothing for the last month..... and guess what? I lost - a lot. It's not healthy, i know this. But it works and i guess i am confessing i would rather not eat and lose weight than eat healthy and lose nothing. I think my problem is partially that i don't consume a lot of calories to begin with..... a normal eating what i want day is roughly 1500 - 1600 calories, so its where MFP tells me i need to be to lose - which isn't going to work. So unless i am super restrictive in calories i feel like i am never going to lose it. And i know this is bad. Advice?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Your name Macy
Starting Weight 212.5 - March 2012
Current Weight 189.4 - Sept 2012
Hey mamas!

Quoting myself from last month - Here's where I start October:
Your name Macy
Starting Weight 212.5 - March 2012
Current Weight 184
Short-Term Goal 170s by November.
Long-Term Goal Size 150ish depending on where I naturally land and feel happy!
Weight Lost to Date 28.5 since March, 35 total!
Weight Loss Plan Clean eating, calorie counting, walking daily, hula hooping daily, weight lifting, just generally enjoying life ACTIVE.

Alright - so, had to put off Insanity a week but I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I was down to 183 but I'm back up to 185 due to less strict eating. Financial stress really triggers the habit to eat away stress. I'm half way to my goal.. seems AMAZING.

Welcome welcome WELCOME newbies
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
I'm joining - again

So there's me - and now can i ask a question of you ladies? I am really really struggling mentally with how many calories to eat. MFP tells me to NEVER eat below 1200 or i will go in to starvation mode. I spent all summer eating 40/30/30 (eg in the zone) running my booty off and lost 4lbs. I ate more, i ate less, i did it the "healthy" way. And got nada. So i finally said screw it and literally ate next to nothing for the last month..... and guess what? I lost - a lot. It's not healthy, i know this. But it works and i guess i am confessing i would rather not eat and lose weight than eat healthy and lose nothing. I think my problem is partially that i don't consume a lot of calories to begin with..... a normal eating what i want day is roughly 1500 - 1600 calories, so its where MFP tells me i need to be to lose - which isn't going to work. So unless i am super restrictive in calories i feel like i am never going to lose it. And i know this is bad. Advice?
First and foremost, Welcome back. It's hard to yoyo. It messes with the emotions.

Second, DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. Losing weight is emotional, hard work. Are you sure there are no factors health wise limiting your progress? What does your work out schedule look like? What is your carb/protein/fat ratio currently at? What have you tried in terms of food elimination?

I cannot ever in good faith tell someone it's ok to eat that little. I honestly believe our bodies are designed to WORK hard and we need to fuel it clean! It's been a long journey for me to realize this - but I tell you, it's liberating knowing what to do now.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Welcome new mamas!

I had a cheat day today. I've never done this before so I'm nervous to see how it plays out. I will tell you, I have a nasty headache and I'm pretty sure it's from all the junk I've eaten today, but I'd be lying if I'd said I didn't have fun eating it, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I'm at the same point my body loves this weight. Ive been trying to get down for month and every time I do I go right back up again.
I totally share your frustration!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #16
Oropeza13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm back again.

Your name: Becky

Starting Weight: 229
Current Weight:: 226
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Still aiming for 219, so 10lbs this month
Long-Term Goal: 159-169
Weight Lost to Date: 3lbs...but I'm not counting this as a loss. I've been stuck between 226-229 for a long time now.
Weight Loss Plan: I think I need to change some 'health' things before I worry about the numbers. I've had a lot of headaches last month. I have no clue why I am so lazy, but I need to take my blood sugar EVERY DAY and my metformin! I also have been having migraines come back in full swing. I think this really chalks up to my "low-normal" blood pressure, so I think I'm going to buy a machine to use at home and monitor this and my sugars to take in to my doctor next month. My plans for eating remains the same. I've been following a vegetarian/vegan diet with a 'meal plan' from the nutritionists. They have me on a 1600 calorie diabetic diet plan. Soooo my #1 thing this month basically is my journal...log ALL food/meals, take blood sugar, blood pressure, take medication on time so my doctor can have something to work with when I go in.

TTC
Oropeza13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #17
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

Just found this thread and thought I would join in. I could definitely use the motivation.

Starting weight (4wks postpartum)-208
Current weight (9 months postpartum)-180
Short term goal-167 (pre pregnancy weight)
Long term goal- 150
Program- MFP, yoga and walking

Having a hard time getting in exercise due to my asthma. Still trying my best though. Hoping to lose 5 lbs this month!
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #18
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Second, DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. Losing weight is emotional, hard work. Are you sure there are no factors health wise limiting your progress? What does your work out schedule look like? What is your carb/protein/fat ratio currently at? What have you tried in terms of food elimination?
Hi Macy! No known health issues - unless you count a baking addiction a health issue But hey at least now i bake and give it to the neighbors instead of eating it!

My workout schedule is run 3times per week, workout video (normally an interval type training) roughly 3 days per week. The running is always, the video i might miss a day. I always take Sundays off for religious reasons. My carb/fat/protein ratio is 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat.... so roughly 120g carbs max (assuming i eat 1200 calories)..... I have tried just about everything, and i mean that seriously. I started gun-ho in April..... ate 1600calroies per day b/c MFP told me to. Lost nada. After 3 weeks, i decided maybe i needed more protein and less carbs, so i ate lean proteins until i thought i would hurl I think i lost 2lbs in 3 weeks. Again, not OK considering my weight - i shouldnt be hitting a plateau b/f i even lose any. So i said screw it after running my 5K Sept 1. I literally quit exercising and ate roughly 500 calories per day..... and i lost 23lbs Obvisouly that gets old - so last friday i went back to eating what MFP tells me (1200 calories now that i have messed with it) and exercising again (eg the healthy way) and i have gained 5lbs

*sigh* As i said i think my problem is that my baseline eating (eg filling myself full) is only like 1600 calories. So i need to eat less than that in order to lose - not start eating that per MFP .... its what i already eat on a "normal" day. And i also think i have been roughly 200lbs for 2years now and my body is like "um yeah - this is your weight forever" so it just springs back to it..... UGH!!!!!

And hi to everyone else..... If anyone is on MFP and wants a buddy my SN is maggiemomof3
Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #19
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Hello all!!! I am back down to 154.0 and have 3 lbs to go to get back to last weeks weight. I am getting ready for my morning egg. I need to eat more, but gained last week when I did. More protein is what I need. The eggs will help.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Ok, so after my huge calorie cheat day I'm down .2lbs this morning. Scale hasn't moved in two weeks so it's nice to see a change but .2lbs is nothing! LOL ...maybe next weeks weigh in will better reflect whether or not yesterday worked in my favor.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum