Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Re: Emergency fund or New washing machine?

I would buy a washer but not spend the whole $500 on it. Either get a real cheap-y, new (check sears.com, the outlet section, you might get lucky and find something nice close to you). Or get one from Craigslist. I would spend no more than $300 on the washer. (Honestly if it were up to me, buying a bottom-of-the-line $300 washer new or a really nice $100 washer from Craigslist, I'd go with the $100 Craigslist washer. But you might be able to find something pretty nice from the sears outlet.) Use the rest of the money to start your emergency fund.

Advertisement

jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would find a cheap new washer with a warranty and put anything left over in the EF. Having as much laundry as I do, I wouldn't want to be dragging it out of the house long term and driving up a family member's utility bills.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post
I would find a cheap new washer with a warranty and put anything left over in the EF. Having as much laundry as I do, I wouldn't want to be dragging it out of the house long term and driving up a family member's utility bills.
When I said washer I was thinking this too... I wouldn't want to inconvenience family long term if I had any ability to purchase my own.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote