Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #51
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
A private crisis pregnancy center may be able to help you with transportation. Or maybe a local church? PM me if you want help finding resources and it's too overwhelming.

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #52
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Found out I'm pregnant, thinking of adopting out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
but a CHILD MOLESTER?! wow, that is a new kind of rediculous. Idk how a judge like that could live with themselves knowing that they put a child in the hands of a known molester ;(
I know. It's disgusting.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can get a pregnancy confirmation faxed to Medicaid from a crisis pregnancy center I think which would be free.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #54
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bet if you google, there might be some local church groups with crisis pregnancy programs that help women too. You might try googling some of the local larger churches.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #55
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty View Post
OP I am gunna guess that you will not be able to finalize a divorce while you are pregnant unless your husband claims he is the father of the unborn child. If he does this denying paternity at a later date can be difficult in some states.

After the baby is born husband could attempt to prove through DNA that he is not the father and the birth certificate could read father unknown if you were unable to remember who you conceived your child with.

I highly recommend seeking a lawyer in your state although I am sure the funds for that are not availiable so maybe try a crisis pregnancy center.
I can't give you any advice on adoption but I have gotten a divorce in WV while pregnant. I was pregnant with my youngest when my divorce to my first H was finalized. My first H is not her father (we had been seperated for a long time). It is possible to get the divorce but it's going to delay it. Right now the court will consider your H the father of the baby. Until he signs his rights away and acknowledges that he is, in fact, not the father, he will be legally responsible for the baby (it makes no difference if you are married when the baby is born. They look at if you were married when the baby was conceived). Your H will have to fill out a paper with the WVDHHR stating he is not the father. They will then go through the channels to "locate" the father of your baby. The will contact him and have him go through the same procedure as your H. It's complicated and it takes time. Ohio is even worse. Both states are like this because they are trying to crack down on dead beat parents skipping out on child support.

Good luck, mama!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #56
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
As someone else said, an adoption could be a permanent fix to temporary issues. Please think it through clearly and talk to someone who's a neutral party and give yourself plenty of time to decide what is best - you are after all only five weeks.

I do think regardless, the bio dad has a right to know. This is his child, too.

If you are choosing this because you feel it's your only option, remember you can find a job, get on your feet etc. You CAN do it!

Good luck with making the best/right decision for yourself and this baby.
smart smart smart! I watched this youtube story of a baby that was conceived by rape and the mother thought she would not be able to live with it. before the baby came she signed the adoption papers. but she had to keep the child the first 30 days. and she changed her mind and knew she made a horrible mistake. but legally she had to adopt. everything may change when you hold the baby for the first time. you could find a great job tomorrow and marry the man of your dreams soon after. things will get better. the poster is right adoption is a permanent fix to temporary issues.
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #57
thosetocome
Registered Users
seller

My sister planned to adopt out her first child. She was 16, had everything in set for the adoption and on the day he was born backed out when she held her son for the first time. It's rough. I agree with the mama who said it is a permanent solution to temporary problems.
I could never adopt out a child without the father knowing. Under whatever circumstance. I would terminate the pregnancy (bleh) before I did that. Just putting yourself in his place should make you feel differently about not telling him. I know as a parent, I would set the world on fire to get my child back (I'm sure we would all go to great lengths. Don't make someone else fight for their family in that way. That's an entirely new kind of rough to the situation you have at hand.
I'm also 23, I have no job (DH works to support our family), I gave my car to my father so that he had transportation, I don't have my own house- basically in your situation. But I know all of those things could change. No matter how difficult things could be to get everything situated and working- there are people and places to help if you need it, and everything will work out for you if you put effort into it.
Lots of hugs to you. There are always councilors to talk to about your choices, and even ones who work for specific groups (like PP) are almost always unbiased and talk to you about what you really feel is right for you. There are usually clinics in your area that can help also (for free) and can point you in the right direction no matter what choice you make.

Last edited by thosetocome; 11-26-2012 at 12:06 PM.
thosetocome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #58
thosetocome
Registered Users
seller

posted twice for whatever reason.

Last edited by thosetocome; 11-25-2012 at 09:15 PM.
thosetocome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #59
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Do you have links for this? I'm a lame googler. I'm saying this because I'm interested, I'm not in any way challenging you on this. It makes sense and like I said I think dads do have rights, the exception being as kristen mentioned, cases of abuse. Fair, idk. Safer for mom and baby..probably.
This is one I read about a few days ago.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/0...case-gone-bad/

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #60
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathplyr View Post
smart smart smart! I watched this youtube story of a baby that was conceived by rape and the mother thought she would not be able to live with it. before the baby came she signed the adoption papers. but she had to keep the child the first 30 days. and she changed her mind and knew she made a horrible mistake. but legally she had to adopt. everything may change when you hold the baby for the first time. you could find a great job tomorrow and marry the man of your dreams soon after. things will get better. the poster is right adoption is a permanent fix to temporary issues.

I don't know ANY state that this would be done in. Something was misunderstood or lied about in that video if that's what was portrayed. In many states, there is a 30 day period where the baby can be placed with the adoptive parents but the biological parent still has the right to change their mind even AFTER signing the initial papers. There is actually a TV show that started this season about this ("The Baby Wait").