Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've finally thought of a girls name

I'm personally not crazy about it because all I think about is the president, and while I didn't dislike him, I wouldn't name my daughter after him.

Advertisement

karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

But I'm not naming my daughter after him. Its not after him at all. If someone across the world named their child Riley I wouldn't think they were naming the child after my dog.
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
abhernandez
Registered Users

I like it a lot and it didn't make me think of the president... It made me think of one of my fav blogs!!!!
http://www.reagansblob.com/
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
fadingdawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like Reagan. One of my best friends named her daughter Reagan last year. I don't think anyone would side-eye it or anything. It's cute and a little trendy I think.
fadingdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
kanga1622
Registered Users

I was supposed to be Reagan until Reagan became president. They chose another name for me after that.

I think it is a great name. Whatever makes you happy and your husband doesn't hate.

I think naming kids is seriously one of the hardest things. We have no names we agree on currently and never did have a girl name picked when pg with DS. It was a good thing they announced boy in the delivery room!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog
But I'm not naming my daughter after him. Its not after him at all. If someone across the world named their child Riley I wouldn't think they were naming the child after my dog.

LOL!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
One of my best friends has a daughter named Reghan. Pronounced the same.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #18
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I love the name Reagan for a girl. DH and I are a little too traditional with our name choices to actually pull the trigger on it, but it is adorable.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
paggie88
Registered Users
seller

nice names. either one will work.
paggie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
Just giving my opinion! Even if you're not naming your child after someone/something specific, sometimes there are obvious comparisons. That "someone across the world" doesn't know you or your dog, but everyone in America knows about the president. If someone named their child "Obama," wouldn't you think of the president? It's a fair comparison.

Another example... I think Bailey is kind of a cute name (and I have a friend who has a son with that name), but because someone in my family has a dog named Bailey I wouldn't use it because it would make me think of their dog! Even if I wouldn't technically be naming my child after the dog.

Another person asking for help with a name mentioned the name Gretel, and a few people said that even though it was a cute name it reminded them of "Hansel and Gretel." Not necessarily a bad thing, but a comparison nonetheless. I'm sure she wouldn't be naming her daughter after a fairy tale character, but it's what tends to come to mind.

Obviously you choose the name that you think is best - especially if it's one that you and your husband agree on!
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote