Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

I'm all for extended RF but if you've ever had a baby with reflux this makes a lot more sense. My son would reflux for over an hour sometimes totally unexpectedly after eating. When he was two weeks old he refluxed in the car and started choking. I had to pull over super fast rip him out of the seat and turn him over to clean his airway. It was super scary, BUT I wouldn't have known what was happening any better if he had been FF I could hear what was happening. But still super scary and infants who reflux don't have to have food in the car to do it.
This. It happened to me on the way home from the hospital with Dd1. But I am pro-ERF. My solution was to just stay home until I no longer feared she would choke to death in her seat.

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bucket seat that ff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
This. It happened to me on the way home from the hospital with Dd1. But I am pro-ERF. My solution was to just stay home until I no longer feared she would choke to death in her seat.
Mine too, or I went places only with others so I could sit with him. But had he still been doing it at 1-2 years I would have considered FF because I would have been totally worn down from it. Luckily mine grew out of it long before FF was even an issue. BUt I totally understand where parents are coming from and it's not just about not letting them have food in the car.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bucket seat that ff?

I have a mirror that attaches to the headrest of the seat the carseats are in so I can see them. It's a very easy solution and very inexpensive too This might be something to suggest when you get that 'excuse'.