Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Large amounts of amniotic fluid

One thing to think about too if you continue to have a lot of fluid is looking into the affects of artificially breaking your water in labor (esp. if baby's head is not very, very low) because of the risk of the cord prolapsing. Hopefully it is nothing!! Hope your appts go well.

Advertisement

247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had this with my babies. I also had GD controled by diet. I began to deline in fluid a bit after 32 weeks, but still had a ton when delivery time came. I was induced due to too much fluid with my babies.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Ya I know I'm already having a scheduled repeat c-section, so just trying to get as far as I can at this point. One of the other reasons for being on bed rest (other than the blood pressures) is the desire not to have my water break in public. My high risk OB warned it would be a flood
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #14
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been borderline with it with 2 pg and had it with one. I don't have GD but do have hypoglycemia. They said it's a side effect and just keep an eye on me. Only bad thing about having it, you don't dilate well if the baby can't drop his/her head. I was contracting for 3 weeks with my last and it wasn't under they broke my water that I finally dilated. (had her 45 minutes after the water was broken).

As long as they are monitoring you with u/s, try not to google it too much. All three of mine were fine and had no defects. It was definitely a side effect of my low sugar issues. I'm guessing with this one I have it also. I find out next week but I won't doubt it. Only good thing about it, if you are breech, the baby will turn clear up until delivery since he/she has more room
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I just got back from the high risk OB. My levels are down to 25 now that I'm 32 weeks That is such a big difference from 2 weeks ago, she was pretty pleased. The bed rest and the good GD control have been helping. I will continue to see her every 2 weeks. The baby looked good on the US, still measuring about 2-3 weeks ahead. He took a little longer then I would have liked to "drink/breathe" the fluid, but there was urine in his bladder.

Thanks for all the comments. This pregnancy has been totally different then my first and it is really making me feel down.. I'm trying to stay upbeat and take the good with the bad. 5 more weeks to go until full term!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is what happened to me with my last son (born Nov. 2011) I was borderline GD as well and was in the hospital Tuesdays & Fridays for the last 3 months to ensure he was ok. I would be hooked up to monitors and checked for about an hour and then once a week my fluid levels were checked with ultrasound. I went into labor on my own, 5 weeks early and he had sugar problems as soon as he was born. He almost refused to nurse for two days and all he would do was sleep. He was hooked up to an I.V. to try to regulate his sugar, it took an entire day but he then was able to do it on his own. The only other problem I've had with him was he had problems stopping breathing/choking for a good 6 months of his life. He was tested for everything under the sun and even went in for a surgical procedure where they stick a tiny camera inside of him to make sure his inner anatomy was in check and he was fine.

He's 10 months old now and everything has resided but I did have these problems because the high fluid levels put stress on him--which led him to come early--which led him to some complications. Not trying to scare you! Hope all goes well! Just wanted to give you a little heads up Just in case.