Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: eBay....wwyd?

I sell on Ebay and I would offer to pay for return shipping if it was my snafu. Even though my listings say I will accept returns but buyer pays return shipping. You shouldn't be penalized for a bad seller.

If she refuses to pay for shipping back to her I would leave a negative feedback.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
PailPowder
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would not keep the stuff. I would tell her since she misrepresented the items, you shouldn't be out a single dime, and make her pay for return shipping. If she says no, then a negative for sure.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #13
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEandThree View Post
So she offered to refund me, but I would have to pay to ship it back to her. I think I will just keep it. Don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a refund. Should I ask for a partial refund since it wasn't accurately described? Or should I just suck it up and leave it alone??? I hate these kind of situations, Im not very good at them!
I would request a partial refund at the very least.
I would most likely return them all.

I would for sure state in feedback that seller sent wrong items and then only offered to take them back if you paid for shipping (which is what paypal requires but I hate it when it is something that is so obviously the sellers fault!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PailPowder View Post
I would not keep the stuff. I would tell her since she misrepresented the items, you shouldn't be out a single dime, and make her pay for return shipping. If she says no, then a negative for sure.
I would try this route as well and go through paypal to state your terms.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She needs to refund you and take a hit. I wouldn't ask for return shipping. It's not your fault she can't list the right sizes.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As a seller on ebay and if my customer received items that were not described, I offer partial refund on any items that were not what I described. So, if I sold a lot to a customer and stated "6-9 month" items, and 5 out of the 10 items were 3-6 months, I'd offer a refund of 50% back to the customer. Heck, it would have been my fault.

As for feedback, if she is greacious enough to offer a refund, but you just wish to keep it, I'd pass on leaving feedback, or leave a neutral. I wouldn't leave negative.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been so bummed with ebay lately. 3 out of the last 5 items I bought were not described well at all. One pair of pants I bought started to split at the seam in the bum within an hour of my son wearing them, I took them off him and saw someone had tried to repair the seam by hand. It was terrible sewing. It was an expensive pair of wool pants so I complained and she gave me a partial refund. I then fixed them with my sewing machine.

But no fixing can be done on clothes that are already too small for your little one! I would file a claim if she won't let you return them or refund a fair amount and take pictures of the tags in each item that was not the correct size listed.

I have much better luck buying on diaperswappers and spots overall!

Last edited by lovewool; 09-30-2012 at 12:33 PM.
lovewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEandThree View Post
So she offered to refund me, but I would have to pay to ship it back to her. I think I will just keep it. Don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a refund. Should I ask for a partial refund since it wasn't accurately described? Or should I just suck it up and leave it alone??? I hate these kind of situations, Im not very good at them!
You should not be responsible for return shipping to her if she mislabeled the size. I think you can file a claim with ebay first before paypal and they will take care of it. Also I think ebay has really good buyer protection for situations like this, better than paypal's protection, I think.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewool

You should not be responsible for return shipping to her if she mislabeled the size. I think you can file a claim with ebay first before paypal and they will take care of it. Also I think ebay has really good buyer protection for situations like this, better than paypal's protection, I think.
Yes. And they respond fast. I think they'd side with you for a refund.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just checking this now.....no, SHE should pay the return shipping. She listed them as the wrong size. You would never have bought the items if they were labeled correctly. I'm also sure ebay/pp would side with you. I would also approach the situation with "why should I be oop for an item that was misdescribed/would not have purchased due to your error"

I think this happens with baby clothes as people think...oh, MY LO wore it at 6-9m, however their kid could be bigger smaller than average. I usually list the size, but if it runs small then I will put it in the smaller section, but mention the correct size, runs small IMO.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #20
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I hate ebay I will never forget the seller who refunded me a wopping 1.50 on a lot of diapers with shot elastic since they felt I already got a good deal.

She should pay return shipping, but paypal will not make her, so as it stands ball is in your court to make a counter offer, you could ask for partial refund and see hwo she responds.