Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
tarajeane
Registered Users

Re: Let's see your kids' rooms!

I'm new here (first post!) but I love our baby girls' nursery, so I'm always happy to show it off. DH and I have a running joke about my lack of geography knowledge (hey I'm good at math, cut me some slack LOL) so the giant wall map was the inspiration piece. He spent weeks building the frame for it, and I based the other colors from there. I wanted something sort of gender neutral in color; made the curtains and crib skirt myself, a friends mom made the quilt, and the prints are from Etsy.

Advertisement

tarajeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajeane View Post
I'm new here (first post!) but I love our baby girls' nursery, so I'm always happy to show it off.
Very cute room!
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajeane View Post
I'm new here (first post!) but I love our baby girls' nursery, so I'm always happy to show it off. DH and I have a running joke about my lack of geography knowledge (hey I'm good at math, cut me some slack LOL) so the giant wall map was the inspiration piece. He spent weeks building the frame for it, and I based the other colors from there. I wanted something sort of gender neutral in color; made the curtains and crib skirt myself, a friends mom made the quilt, and the prints are from Etsy.

I just LOVE this. Timeless, elegant, and very tasteful. Good job, mama!

My kids' rooms are disasters. We have very little space and too much junk. Thanks to this thread, though, I'm now thinking of maybe putting them in the same room and making a playroom?! Hmmm....
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #34
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

umm someone else tell me there kid has a random just whatever they want room please
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #35
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love seeing all of these rooms!!!!

Shannon....how is it going with the boys in one room? I'm guessing pretty well.....they were both pretty excited, right?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #36
Jlg325j
Registered Users

These rooms give me such great decorating ideas
Jlg325j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #37
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07 View Post
umm someone else tell me there kid has a random just whatever they want room please
DD1's room is what she wanted! She picked out the fabric for her quilt (my mom made it), her color scheme, the paint color, and all of the "extra's." She loves butterflies so they were a must.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #38
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Can't say they have a whatever room, but one is rocking a Curious George duvet and one a shark duvet and one an orange duvet because those are things each one of them loves and enjoys. They have furnishings chosen and purchased or built based on the things they enjoy and "their treasures". Levi has a ton of pillows on his bed and a super comfy chair to rock in because he loves to snuggle in by himself or with me or a brother and browse through books and I strive to accomodate his passions and interests. A cow pillow because we have a "pet" cow and are farm crazy. Tents on their bed because they are all about forts. Their rooms are all about them, they're just not whatever if that makes sense. We also don't seek children's input on all decisions here. I'm a designer so its sort of "the mommy thing" here, its just all centered around the guys and their lives and interests without it being "whatever they want". They also don't eat whatever they want, where whatever they want, nor go to bed whenever they want. Certainly, we incorporate their desires in these things, there's just additional factors in the decision .
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.

Last edited by GEMQEMCABOOSE; 10-03-2012 at 08:17 PM.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My boys' room is pretty random. The walls are blue because it was originally Kearnan's bedroom and his room was wizards/Harry Potter from the time he was tiny and always blue so when we bought this house we kept the theme. Well he switched bedrooms and we didn't change the paint just slapped fish vinyl clings up when it was the playroom. Then Tharen got the room and he wanted Halloween Town for his room. Yeah orange and blue are not great together but dh didn't want to paint (Tharen wants bright orange and black). Now I have both of the boys in there but it is still mostly Halloween with a bit of Hello Kitty (cause Tharen loves Hello Kitty). Kearnan brought his Kingdom Hearts prints (mostly the Sora in Halloween Town ones of course) and Harry Potter with him. It is quite the mix. Some day I will re-paint that room and pull up the floors at least. Maybe after I do the playroom. Talk about a mix up of junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I love seeing all of these rooms!!!!

Shannon....how is it going with the boys in one room? I'm guessing pretty well.....they were both pretty excited, right?
It is actually going really well. I was a bit leery at first but they are enjoying it. We have had a few arguments but overall they are both happy to have a room buddy. Neither of them was actually sleeping particularly well but they seem to be sleeping better together. They are also loving having a playroom with a mini-trampoline. No more "but I want to play with ____ and it is in brother's room." There is just a lot less "I don't want to be near you right now" in general since they have been sharing space.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #40
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
It is actually going really well. I was a bit leery at first but they are enjoying it. We have had a few arguments but overall they are both happy to have a room buddy. Neither of them was actually sleeping particularly well but they seem to be sleeping better together. They are also loving having a playroom with a mini-trampoline. No more "but I want to play with ____ and it is in brother's room." There is just a lot less "I don't want to be near you right now" in general since they have been sharing space.
Oh, that is great! I'm glad it is working out. As you know it is normal for arguments here and there....it sounds like it is a great thing for everyone.