Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Ideas/help???

I'm in so much pain I'm having a hard time caring for myself and my 2 year old. This happens every other cycle or so. One side hurts so terribly bad from cd 2-4or 5. Sometimes its both sides but even then its one side more than another.
What's going on? I have not been diagnosed w PCOS and have been checked a few times. I do ovulate regularly according to opks and temps. How do I stop the pain????

Advertisement

Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ideas/help???

I'm sorry that you are having so much pain! Have you ever been checked for endometriosis? My SIL has that and she goes through horrible pain with her cycles a few times a year. It's not every month, or even on a set schedule like every other month, but kind of randomly throughout the year. You should definitely get checked out again!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I was thinking with my last c section the would've seen endometrial tissue...but maybe they weren't looking at that.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Btw today its much better but I think when I get a new Obgyn in SC I'll be talking to them about it.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena
Thanks. I was thinking with my last c section the would've seen endometrial tissue...but maybe they weren't looking at that.
Yeah, I wouldn't assume that during a c section they would see something like that unless they had a reason to be looking for it. My SIL has it on her ovaries (actually lost one to endo) and I don't think docs look at the ovaries during a section.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena View Post
Btw today its much better but I think when I get a new Obgyn in SC I'll be talking to them about it.
I'm glad that you are feeling better! It's never good to be in pain. And I think it's a wonderful idea to talk to your new OB/Gyn. I actually have an apt. with mine next Monday because my cycles have been wonky since I stopped nursing my DD. I've just kind of ignored it since March, but now that we are ttc, I think I need to get checked out. I hope you figure out what is causing you all this pain!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Endo stops growing with PG, so they would not see it in a c-sec. You would need a lap done. Endo would certainly cause pain that would feel like cysts. It could also be an over achiever ovary. Each month you have MANY follicles start growing on each ovary, this is your antral follicle count. If they get big fast, it could cause pain till the one takes over and the others stop growing. An ultra soundwill rule out cysts and multiple follicles. Take some Advil/Motrin as it is an anti-inflammatory. Glad you feel better today.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm right there with you momma My periods have always been debilitating cd1-3. I hate it. I even was excused from school every month for one day of it. No answers since I've never officially gone in for it but naturally assumed something would be seen with how many times I've been to peri. Hugs momma
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

I pray its not endo, we wanted one more baby!