Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why yes, yes I would LOVE to drop everything....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimomma View Post
Wow... So glad I'm not the only one with these issues! Lol my dd will scoot down the hall backwards with her butt in the sure looking for me if I don't come to wipe her quickly enough! Lol

Sometimes I wish we had a bidet so I could just say "use the water"

Advertisement

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #22
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD doesn't so much care WHO wipes her rear end, but she makes sure she poops before school and will hold it until after school JUST SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN WIPE HER BUTT!! I can't make this stuff up!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #23
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got tired of butt-wiping real quick, so I decided to stop. When ds would call me from the bathroom, I would go in, tell him to get some tp and wipe, then hold it up and look at it. Is there poop on it? Yes. Then get more tp and wipe again and look at it- over and over till the tp is clean. It took sooooo much longer at the time, but it was worth it.
Now, I just have to teach him how to untie/ unvelcro his power rangers costumes, that he wears EVERYDAY, so he doesn't have to ask me to do it when he needs to potty!
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #24
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kids tend to prefer their mothers because they're seen more as the caregiver/nurturer in their eyes. My kids always ask me first too (and a lot of the times I'm the one who is here since I'm a WAHM and DH is a WOHD). Dh has done diapers and so on too, but once they are vocal they will ask for me to do it.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #25
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

everything is better when mama does it . The 17 yr still asks me to make him sandwiches, even though he is perfectly capable, he said mine are the best!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #26
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not only do snacks taste better when I get them, but nothing in the world is so delicious and enticing as whatever I have on my plate/fork.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Yes!

Ravioli from a can tastes better if I pour it in a bowl and microwave it.

Butts get cleaner if I wipe them.

Diapers are less smelly if I change them.

Dinner tastes waaaaay better if I cook it (ok, this one is TRUE! LOL).

..... everyone knows I'm the cat's meow!

I've actually started saying "ya know, I'm washing dishes. Your daddy is watching TV. Go ask him for help please." He gives me this look like I just ran over his dog or something.

Sometimes, if I'm irritated or REALLY concentrating, they walk over to me and all I hear is "whiiiiiinnnnnnnne moooooommmmmmmyyyyyy wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee... .........." I physically turn them around, face them towards their Dad and give them a gentle nudge and say "go see Daddy."
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Luckily, mine are pretty good about asking dad to get them things... But my step soon will go out of his way to ask my permission for things. I mean, ask if he can call me at work, get DH to dial the phone, and then ask if he can play a videogame.... My answer is usually "you realize that dad is an adult, right?"
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #29
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Yes!

Ravioli from a can tastes better if I pour it in a bowl and microwave it.

Butts get cleaner if I wipe them.

Diapers are less smelly if I change them.

Dinner tastes waaaaay better if I cook it (ok, this one is TRUE! LOL).

..... everyone knows I'm the cat's meow!

I've actually started saying "ya know, I'm washing dishes. Your daddy is watching TV. Go ask him for help please." He gives me this look like I just ran over his dog or something.

Sometimes, if I'm irritated or REALLY concentrating, they walk over to me and all I hear is "whiiiiiinnnnnnnne moooooommmmmmmyyyyyy wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee... .........." I physically turn them around, face them towards their Dad and give them a gentle nudge and say "go see Daddy."

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyZ of 2
I got tired of butt-wiping real quick, so I decided to stop. When ds would call me from the bathroom, I would go in, tell him to get some tp and wipe, then hold it up and look at it. Is there poop on it? Yes. Then get more tp and wipe again and look at it- over and over till the tp is clean. It took sooooo much longer at the time, but it was worth it.
Now, I just have to teach him how to untie/ unvelcro his power rangers costumes, that he wears EVERYDAY, so he doesn't have to ask me to do it when he needs to potty!
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Ironically, after posting this today, my ds calls to me that his butt hurts. After a quick check, he admitted to me that he didn't wipe it earlier. He had no answer when I asked him why. I asked him if he remembers how and he told me he wants me to come help him next time.
I don't know how to insert the smiley things from my iPod, but: blush, hide and banghead! Apparently, I restart training sessions on butt-wiping tomorrow!
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote