Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone you AREN'T looking forward to sharing the good news with?

Im a very private person and i dont like telling most people. I just dont like all the attention and focus on me. Theres a few people in particular... MIL because she already knows everything about everything. And a friend of mine that makes it a huge deal. She treats me like i have a disease or something and has to comment on everything i say or do and point out that its because of the baby. Although im pretty sure i also eat when im not pregnant,so if im eating it doesnt need to be commented on that im eating for 2

Advertisement

mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

As stupid as this sounds, my ex. I just hate hearing his bull. We have a daughter together so if I don't "personally" tell him before I facebook about it then he is going to be all pissy and child-like with me. I hate catering to my ex. He isn't in my life much but god forbid he doesn't know everything. I'm not sure if he is jealous or is mad because he always thinks my dd has "moved" on with a new family which is not true. She has two families but he is too immature sometimes to realize he is putting her in a bad position by his behavior.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

My FIL. I'm really dreading that conversation! When we got pregnant with #4 he said we needed to get an abortion because, "You don't want another retarded kid do you?" As if what DS3 has is genetic or contagious! No matter what we say to him he is horrified we have a large family and are adding to it. He complains bitterly every birthday and Christmas about the expense of giving gifts, and we tell him every year when he calls complaining, to stop giving gifts, or only give a family gift of a board game for Christmas. No, he can't do that! He has to send gifts because he can't be the only Grandpa who doesn't give gifts!! I'm thinking of sending a letter and screening his calls for a month .
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by ardeur; 09-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.
ardeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
Im a very private person and i dont like telling most people. I just dont like all the attention and focus on me. Theres a few people in particular... MIL because she already knows everything about everything. And a friend of mine that makes it a huge deal. She treats me like i have a disease or something and has to comment on everything i say or do and point out that its because of the baby. Although im pretty sure i also eat when im not pregnant,so if im eating it doesnt need to be commented on that im eating for 2
I hated telling my old co-workers for this reason.

I feel bad telling DH's brother and his wife (they are local and will be the first family to know). They have had fertility issues and have given up TTC. I don't think they've made peace with the whole thing yet so it will be uncomfortable, but they will act happy for us. I have another friend, who I met through DS who also had fertility issues, and she found out the day I got my BFP, but she's very at peace and lives vicariously through friend's babies and is already wanting to start knitting for this LO

I am not telling my family until the gender screen. I'm kind of the family outcast, and get tired of it. When I'm pregnant I get calls once or twice a week from family wanting to know about the pregnancy, it feels weird and uncomfortable because they normally never call. I've talked to my mom twice in 2012. People (my mom, aunt, my siblings) keep saying there needs to be another grandbaby and that my sister needs to have another baby even though she's in a very unstable marriage etc. and in school. Never us.

My MIL hints about it every time we see her, so I look forward to being able to tell her
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
Nijntje
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am not really looking forward to telling anybody as horrible as that sounds I just hate discussing it 24/7 with everyone.

I have a trip next weekend with a group of girls I am not particularly close with (SOs of my partner's friends) and I have no idea how to make it through the whole trip without them figuring it out. We wanted to wait till at least 12-14 weeks, but between the puking/nausea and no alcohol, it's probably not going to happen!

Last edited by Nijntje; 09-29-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Nijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister. She's only conceived once, which ended in a 10 week m/c. She has since adopted 3 wonderful children, but I don't think she's really made peace with not having a biological child....actually, I think it's the whole pg experience she's pining over. After 5 kids, I'm pretty thick skinned regarding everyone else's opinions about how many kids we should or shouldn't have. But I know my sister's gonna be all prickly about it, even though she'll try not to be.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
birdie
Registered Users
seller

Ours was all of my hubby's family but he did it himself, once he could get a hold of his mom.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #19
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pretty much the folks at my work b/c I don't think i'll be going back after number 4. I have to wear maternity pants b/c they told me my black pants weren't up to uniform standards and the only other black pants I have are maternity pants. So now we play a waiting game to see when somebody notices I am wearing maternity pants.