Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Heartbeat?

I don't think you should worry, but I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself from worrying. I'd call and see if they could check again or do an u/s just for your peace of mind. Why spend a month stressed out?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much everyone. I am definately going to call today to get my appt changed to the office with u/s.

I did not realize how hard it is to pick up a heartbeat at 11 weeks. You think I would since this is my 4th.

I am good today and am feeling positive and going to reman positive. Hearing all of your stories helped so much! Thank you!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Dr doesn't even try for hb until 12+ weeks, because of how difficult it can be. There are some mamas who can get hb at home with doppler at, like, 8 weeks, but they're able to spend more time searching and trying, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
My Dr doesn't even try for hb until 12+ weeks, because of how difficult it can be. There are some mamas who can get hb at home with doppler at, like, 8 weeks, but they're able to spend more time searching and trying, kwim?
My drs office doesn't try for a heartbeat till 12+ weeks too. At my 12 week apt I had a nurse practitioner and it took her a couple of mins to find it. Then I had a follow up at 14 weeks (my blood pressure was high at 12 weeks) and the dr found it right away. It will get easier to find the heart beat the further along you get.
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

last pg, MW couldn't find the HB with doppler until 14 wks! :O She did the same thing your doc did, and said "oh I hear it..." and listened hard for a while, I heard NOTHING but static. I kept saying, "I don't hear anything. Are you sure?" She said "yup, it's hard for you to hear, but I can hear it."

I was kind of upset, but I was at peace b/c I knew there was nothing she nor I could do either way. If I was going to suffer a loss, it was going to happen and there would be a reason my body was miscarrying. So I just let it be and hoped for the best.

Everything was fine and I had a healthy, happy baby with no complications.

Babies are so small still at that gestational age, and they could be way at the back of your uterus, or behind your pelvic bone, etc. so that it makes the sound waves really faint to untrained ears. Also where the placenta is matters as well.

try not to worry mama.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
last pg, MW couldn't find the HB with doppler until 14 wks! :O She did the same thing your doc did, and said "oh I hear it..." and listened hard for a while, I heard NOTHING but static. I kept saying, "I don't hear anything. Are you sure?" She said "yup, it's hard for you to hear, but I can hear it."

I was kind of upset, but I was at peace b/c I knew there was nothing she nor I could do either way. If I was going to suffer a loss, it was going to happen and there would be a reason my body was miscarrying. So I just let it be and hoped for the best.

Everything was fine and I had a healthy, happy baby with no complications.

Babies are so small still at that gestational age, and they could be way at the back of your uterus, or behind your pelvic bone, etc. so that it makes the sound waves really faint to untrained ears. Also where the placenta is matters as well.

try not to worry mama.
Thank you momma your story made me cry--happy tears I guess lol pregnancy tears.

I feel exactly the same way you explained and almost felt like I couldn't express that bc I thought that I was or peopele would think that I am cold or heartless although this experience has made me become more attached to baby. I am not sure that makes sense or not. But I think that there is nothing anyone could do to prevent a mc so I am going to stay optimistic and not let worrying overcome me bc that would not be healthy for anyone in my family including baby and me.

I do not remember how soon I heard heartbeat with my other 3 children. I should've kept a journal so I would remember how far along I was.

Dr did say he knew he would have a hard time picking up heartbeat at 11 weeks. So that is what has made me stay calm and hearing everyones words of encouragement and stories where the same thing has happened to them.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Thak you so much again you have been a great source of help for me!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984 View Post
My drs office doesn't try for a heartbeat till 12+ weeks too. At my 12 week apt I had a nurse practitioner and it took her a couple of mins to find it. Then I had a follow up at 14 weeks (my blood pressure was high at 12 weeks) and the dr found it right away. It will get easier to find the heart beat the further along you get.
Thank you for another wonderful story that is helping me greatly!