Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat
Look up keloids, that is most likely what you have. Salt water soaks can really help 1/8th tsp of noniodised sea salt in 8 oz warm water, don't use too much salt. You can put you nose in a cup of the water or soak cotton balls in the solution and leave it on a minute or two, three times a day usually does the trick. They are pretty common with nose piercings, but will tend to go away if treated.

My nook hates me.
Yes to all of this! I got a keloid with my nose ring. I also did a baking soda paste on it and it eventually fell off.
DS pulled my nose ring out a couple years ago while we were sleeping and it closed nicely. No scar or hole.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got one while I was sick and I think it got aggravated by blowing my nose, neti pots, etc. it went away though. I do have one on my eyebrow though... No idea why, but it isn't healing that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mama's with nose piercing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I got one while I was sick and I think it got aggravated by blowing my nose, neti pots, etc. it went away though. I do have one on my eyebrow though... No idea why, but it isn't healing that fast.

They happen with eyebrows too. Try the salt soaks too. Also if your eyebrow is taking a long time to heal watch out. Look behind the piercing if you see purple, scared looking skin, your body could be rejecting the piercing. If it is a piercer could suggest other jewelry to help, if not your body might push out the piercing. Sadly this is so common with eyebrows and belly button piercings.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't sure if you meant while still having the piercing, or after taking it out/growing over.
I have my nose ring in still, and have never noticed any bumps.

I have a smaller nose than some, and any nose stud I found was too long for my nose - it stuck out from my nose, like you mentioned. We took it to a jewlers and asked them to shorten and rebend it - now it's perfect, right on my nose.
I actually really love my nose ring And it's really funny how many people don't notice it - they'll ask, months or even years after knowing me, when I got it done... like I just did it last week or something but also cuz I got it done for me, and didn't want it to be really noticable.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
nichey
Registered Users
seller
seller

The only thing that has worked for me is tea tree oil on the bump. Mine was zit like and obnoxious, but that took care of it better than sal****er or baking soda.
nichey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichey
The only thing that has worked for me is tea tree oil on the bump. Mine was zit like and obnoxious, but that took care of it better than sal****er or baking soda.
I have to know what got edited out!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat

They happen with eyebrows too. Try the salt soaks too. Also if your eyebrow is taking a long time to heal watch out. Look behind the piercing if you see purple, scared looking skin, your body could be rejecting the piercing. If it is a piercer could suggest other jewelry to help, if not your body might push out the piercing. Sadly this is so common with eyebrows and belly button piercings.
I know. That's why the discharge is still bothering me. I got them done in July, about 12+ weeks ago and there's still discharge. It bled when I tried to change it the other day. Figured at 12 weeks I'd be safe.

Also, I didn't get the piercing while sick, just the bump.

Last edited by JeDeeLenae; 10-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I have to know what got edited out!

rofl, I figured it out. It's twit with an a instead of i.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52

rofl, I figured it out. It's twit with an a instead of i.
Lol! Ok, I was trying to put all these 4 letter words in and I just wasn't getting it!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never got a bump, and I've had mine for 10 years now. So can't help there, but I would definitely recommend trying a couple other types to see what style you like, I have a ring in right now, but I usually prefer to wear the short stud styles. I've bought the longer ones before by accident, and I agree that they tend to stick out from your nose and look funny. I've also tried the screw ones and the L shaped ones and hated them. If yours is still hurting and bleeding a bit, other than spinning your stud so that it doesn't get a scab attached to it (I know, sounds gross lol) don't be removing it until it gets a chance to completely heal.