Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Possible induction for high BP and really nervous, *UPDATE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Kiliki - Thanks. I was going to ask about that. Luckily, I didn't need to. I'm so relieved that for now, I'm in the clear for being induced. Yay! (See update)

And, bump for update.
just read your update! YAY! doing the happy dance for you!

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #32
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Get a BP cuff and start taking it at home, keep track of the time etc too, cause even if it's up again at an appointment, you can say "no, it's just cause I'm here" which can help put off that induction. I'm glad it went down!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #33
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Glad you don't have to be induced! I had to be induced with my DD at 41 weeks due to high BP and it actually went really smoothly. I had the epi because they basically told me it was that or a c-section since the epi apparently makes your BP drop. It worked great for me - dropped my BP from CRAZY high to normal and I was able to have a normal vaginal birth, even though I didn't get the drug-free I wanted. Hopefully your BP stays down, though, and you are able to wait it out til the little one comes naturally!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Glad you don't have to be induced! I had to be induced with my DD at 41 weeks due to high BP and it actually went really smoothly. I had the epi because they basically told me it was that or a c-section since the epi apparently makes your BP drop. It worked great for me - dropped my BP from CRAZY high to normal and I was able to have a normal vaginal birth, even though I didn't get the drug-free I wanted. Hopefully your BP stays down, though, and you are able to wait it out til the little one comes naturally!
Yup. This is definitely true. It's one of the bad side affects I have from it. My BP drops way too much and I faint from the epi. I had to be given epinephrin to get my BP to come back up with my epi's even when I was struggling with high BP.

I'm praying that don't try to push it even if my BP goes up. That wasn't the only negative affect it had on me.

For now, I'm still pregnant and just waiting. I have another appt tomorrow.

I've been bad and not checking my BP at home. The OB I saw on Thursday didn't seem to care what it was at home. (The only time I've not really liked her attitude.) I'm seeing her again tomorrow. So, I figured it didn't matter.