Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #31
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
My Mood:
Re: Baby carrier for plus size mamas

I am borderline plus sized (16/18). I do have trouble with shorter wraps and straps. I love a long ring sling, my XL strap Mei Tei (I made it myself using the McCall's pattern), and the ergo works well for me with some extra room using the extender strap. I've never been able to comfortably use the pouch slings. Long wraps are also great. I've used the size D Wrapsody Bali Breeze. It worked great for front carries. I haven't figured out back carries with it though...the length is ok but the width is a bit short for back carries for my DS. I have used a moby before without any trouble too but he's too big now to wear it comfortably.

~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), Michael (3/22/2012), and Harmony (1/24/2014)
*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Baby carrier for plus size mamas

tip to the wise: i visited metro minis here in nyc and tried on a bunch of mei tais with XL straps, and the babyhawk with xl straps had the longest straps of them all!

i also like the beco butterfly II, although i wish the back buckle (the one on the upper back, NOT the waist buckle) was in a different place! that is probably a general irritation instead of a plus-size irritation, though.

i really like the girasol ring sling with the gathered shoulder. it fits me so much more comfortably than other shoulder styles.
ma_grizz is offline   Reply With Quote