Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who else is dealing with lots of contractions tonight

Going through this too. I'm totally discouraged because I was checked today at 38wks 3 days and I'm only 1cm and still thick. I really thought these would be doing something and I would be at least 3cm's. I'm so annoyed by it.

I'm starting to think I'm going to carry this baby till 40wks which I thought would be impossible for me. Oh, I really, really hope I don't. I have many reasons that aren't even about my comfort. I need this baby to come soon or my mom is going to miss it and I'm going to be VERY sad. She and I are VERY close and she's always been at my deliveries. She had already scheduled to go out of the country before I got pregnant. She leave a few days after my due date. Also, that's when my childcare for my other 5 gets dicey. Please, baby, I need you to come out.

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #12
mamagreenbumm
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Who else is dealing with lots of contractions tonight

Soooo nice to know I'm not just a weird case. I went into serious pre-term labor at 32 weeks(Labor Day-ironically), was given meds to slow down my contractions to 2-3/hr and put on bed rest which helped me get to 36 weeks. I've been off meds for a week and a half now and my contractions are still coming-stronger than before but still irregular(mostly later in the day, lost my plug the thursday before last and experiencing bloody show on/off. I did begin to dilate at 34 weeks but as of now I'm only at 1cm so still have a ways to go. My doctor figured because they had to put me on meds to control the contractions that soon after I stopped them I'd go into labor but nothing yet. Guess she's decided to stick around in there a bit more- so I have no idea when she's coming.lol.
mamagreenbumm is offline   Reply With Quote