Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #31
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Your name- Ginny
Starting Weight- 240
Current Weight- 240
Short-Term Goal - 220's by turkey day
Long-Term Goal- 140 some day
Weight Lost to Date- zilch
Weight Loss Plan- writing what I eat, low carb.

I am back...again.

Advertisement

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggill View Post
Your name- Ginny
Starting Weight- 240
Current Weight- 240
Short-Term Goal - 220's by turkey day
Long-Term Goal- 140 some day
Weight Lost to Date- zilch
Weight Loss Plan- writing what I eat, low carb.

I am back...again.
Welcome back....again.

Have been doing find on food today, but haven't been drinking enough. I'm not to excited to weigh in tomorrow because now it seems nothing ever seems to stick so it's hard to get excited even if I do see a loss because it doesn't stay long.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
To all the stallers.... it sucks - just don't be like me and say SCREW IT.... keep at it - eventually you will start to lose again.

Chinese and all the rest just sounds good..... but no one else in the house likes it so i rarely eat it.....

So.... confession - i suck at eating right when life gets busy. I am so involved daily running around that it's like "AH - its 2pm i haven't had anything to eat i need to eat" and i just cram something down. bad, very bad. i must, and i mean MUST do better..... meh, i need to get the heck with it. I just pushed so hard, lost a lot, and now I'm running around too busy to care - so weighing in tomorrow morning - which will probably make me cry, but its reality. And i need to get my booty out the door in the AM and run again - i have just been doing the video this week b/c i am staying up to late which means i am not getting out of bed in the AM *sigh*......

Sorry for the rambling - I'm having a "I will always be fat" sort of down day
I've been having those days a lot lately. My body may be lighter but I looked better last spring when I was working out. I just can't seem to get back in the swing of things. I'm exhasted when I get home from work, I work all afternoon to keep stuff running at home, I fall into bed and in the AM when I wake up I'm still tired. I don't know what the deal is. I just can't seem to get back at it. Oh, and as for your other problem that made me my problem is the opposite. I look at the clock, go ACK it's two pm and I've eaten way to much and have no calories left.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #34
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Well after 2 days of chinese food, I am down to 153.8 lbs. Not sure the logic on this one, or if any can be applied, but i will take it. I might decide to eat chinese everyday if this keeps happening...LOL! I am totally confused how this food is making me lose weight, not gain.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #35
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Well after 2 days of chinese food, I am down to 153.8 lbs. Not sure the logic on this one, or if any can be applied, but i will take it. I might decide to eat chinese everyday if this keeps happening...LOL! I am totally confused how this food is making me lose weight, not gain.
Maybe your body needed more calories to give up the weight? I really have no clue thought. But hey don't knock it right?

AFM, back down below 154 again today but I'm still going to wait two more days to call it a real loss. I hate deciding it's here to stay and then I shoot right back up again. I'm having a really hard time getting enough protein and fewer carbs. It seems like everything I want to eat lately is high carbs. I"m not going horribly over, but every day I am. I know I loose better when I keep my carbs in check and my protein high but I just can't seem to get enough protein.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #36
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I think I was not eating enough. I was doing very low calories as I am not hungry much. I was also doing extremely low carb, no fat, no wheat, and I think my body was beginning to hold onto what I ate. I am going to add some other food back to my diet and see what happens.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

My weight stayed the same, which is a small win, because with doing no exercise and just eating better I am seeing the weight go down, which is great! I also think it isn't moving because AF is set to arrive soon.

Now that I have the 1000mg of met in me for a week, I intend to start running again, Couch 2 5k here I come, then a week later add in weight/resistance training. I will see the scale or measuring tape go down!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #38
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Oh em geeeeee! The scale moved! FINALLY! I'm down to 170.8.... Let's see if this sticks. I'm not weighing in again till my next assessment w my trainer which is in 3 weeks. This will be tough to hold out on but I really want to not focus on the scale as much anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

Maybe your body needed more calories to give up the weight? I really have no clue thought. But hey don't knock it right?

AFM, back down below 154 again today but I'm still going to wait two more days to call it a real loss. I hate deciding it's here to stay and then I shoot right back up again. I'm having a really hard time getting enough protein and fewer carbs. It seems like everything I want to eat lately is high carbs. I"m not going horribly over, but every day I am. I know I loose better when I keep my carbs in check and my protein high but I just can't seem to get enough protein.
What about taking a protein supplement, like a shake? Take that w some almonds and your appetite will be satisfied My trainer is always pushing me to eat more protein.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Heya Mommas

I am starting clean eating today...I have gained back the 40lbs I lost last year.
& I feel worse than ever. I am also having some major health issues...migraines, major major brain fog, dizzy spells, etc. SO I started a GF diet today.

Your name- Peggy
Starting Weight- 245
Current Weight- 245 I'm 5'9"
Short-Term Goal- 220 by Thanksgiving
Long-Term Goal- 155-160lbs
Weight Lost to Date- 0
Weight Loss Plan- no SODA! A GF/Paleo type lifestyle change, walking, etc.
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #40
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your name- Stephanie
Starting Weight- 211.5
Current Weight- 198
Short-Term Goal - 185 when we leave for vacation 11/8
Long-Term Goal- 150
Weight Lost to Date- 13.5
Weight Loss Plan- weight watchers

Hi ladies, have been doing really well. I have a bad day here and there but able to rebound really quick. Today was good all day and even had a decedent but low point dinner planned (corn on the cob and boiled lobsters) well DH came home with this GIANT cupcake! So I had a really big piece after dinner and already hate myself. No more cheating until Tuesday which is my weigh in I usually have a hard time on the weekends too.