Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: santa or not to santa?

We do Santa. I love the whole thing. My oldest is just now getting to be big enough to really believe and understand it, so I'm really excited

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Santa vista us here. So much fun! I figure worst case I get an angry why did you do it. I will say something along the lines of I did it because I love you and wanted to give you things with out you knowing out was me like St Nicholas did.
Btw I was never angry. Love playing Santa.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Santa vista us here. So much fun! I figure worst case I get an angry why did you do it. I will say something along the lines of I did it because I love you and wanted to give you things with out you knowing out was me like St Nicholas did.
Btw I was never angry. Love playing Santa.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
this is totally how I feel too. I was never upset at all when I found out, and I really don't think my kids would be either
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Santa all the way!! Its part of the magic of Christmas!!
Even when me and my closest sibling stopped believing it was still fun because then there was my younger siblings who were 5 ish years younger than us. We got to help be Santa then and it was still lots of fun watching them get excited!
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

We did Santa, and kept the magic alive until she was 10. It was sad to see it end.

I had Santa as a kid, and loved every part of the Santa magic.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

We don't. My reasoning is that I believe the bible tells me to not lie, and I would be lying to my kids if we did Santa. FOR ME, I cannot reconcile the two. My kids love Christmas though even without Santa.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
We do santa. My older kids of course dont believe but they play along so good for the littles.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very pro Santa! Also want to add my parents never lied, they created a pretend game for us, but never lied. If we asked is Santa was real? We got asked what do you think? Overall, I still remember the one Christmas were I was starting not to believe, but really hoped he was cause I so wanted that Cabbage Patch doll, it made the day special when it was there. The game of pretend in the end was what made it special for me, and hope to do the same for Ds. Christmas without Santa would have felt much less magical to me.

I want to add, even though my Uncle let it slip super early that Grandma hid the Easter baskets, as long as we all still pretended for the other kids it didn't matter to me. Again to me it never was a lie, just a fun tradition and game.

Last edited by Fairycat; 10-05-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Santa!!!! Even my big kids know mess with the tradition & Santa will skip you ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
sojomisa
Registered
seller

We love santa! My oldest doesn't believe; she started questioning at 9 and flat out stopped at 10. There was no anger she knew/knows it's magic for the younger ones.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote