Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #81
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 1 - Oct 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
My goal this weekend is to get Oct. budget written. I need to do it before I go grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm feeling very behind. Dh is sick and didn't go to work today, he has an infusion up at the hospital tonight to try and get him back on his feet. Just feeling overwhelmed right now, but I don't want to just go through all the money and not have anything to show for it.
I hope your DH feels better soon!

AFM, it was a very slow week (business wise). I'm so thankful DH is working again or, well I don't want to think about that. I did stock 115 pads for when business picks up though. I'm taking the weekend off and will think about what needs to change on Monday.

Advertisement

MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #82
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads

I hope your DH feels better soon!

AFM, it was a very slow week (business wise). I'm so thankful DH is working again or, well I don't want to think about that. I did stock 115 pads for when business picks up though. I'm taking the weekend off and will think about what needs to change on Monday.
I had to drag my butt to wash dishes... And 115 pads is a slow week for you. Care to send motivation my way?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #83
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
I had to drag my butt to wash dishes... And 115 pads is a slow week for you. Care to send motivation my way?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I meant slow sales wise And I've pretty much used up all of my motivation, but if I find some more I'll send it your ways.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #84
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
I meant slow sales wise And I've pretty much used up all of my motivation, but if I find some more I'll send it your ways.
Totally off topic but Just wanted to tell you your pads are quite cute! Too bad your marketing to us DR people! just kidding. If I ever stop nursing enough to get a period back I will be shopping in your etsy store.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #85
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a mentally taxing night. They discovered a new lesion in dh's brain (for those who are new he was diagnosed with MS last year and didn't respond to the drugs). It completely explains his sudden weakness, inablility to walk at times, and everything else crazy that has been happening. All of his other lesions are inactive, this one is coming on hard and fast right in the middle of his brain (most are on his spine). They put a port in tonight at the Chemo lab and he has to go back in for another infusion of the steroids to try and get this under control. Just once I wish we could have a nice normal friday night. But I had a fun "date" with my son to the cafeteria while dad got his meds since he was way to sick to drive himself. It was a two hour wait so we went shopping to get some juice, gatorade, bananas you know food for people who feel like crap and can't keep much down. But of course we picked up extras. Then ds has been insisting that he doesn't want his hair cut unless we get a cape and no itch powder like grandma used on him last time. So we stopped by Sally's and got that. All told I spent about $35 that wasn't planned. I know we'll be fine but to many more of these "because we're in town and I"m stressed out" shopping trips and we won't be. I need to get a plan in place.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #86
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
What a mentally taxing night. They discovered a new lesion in dh's brain (for those who are new he was diagnosed with MS last year and didn't respond to the drugs). It completely explains his sudden weakness, inablility to walk at times, and everything else crazy that has been happening. All of his other lesions are inactive, this one is coming on hard and fast right in the middle of his brain (most are on his spine). They put a port in tonight at the Chemo lab and he has to go back in for another infusion of the steroids to try and get this under control. Just once I wish we could have a nice normal friday night. But I had a fun "date" with my son to the cafeteria while dad got his meds since he was way to sick to drive himself. It was a two hour wait so we went shopping to get some juice, gatorade, bananas you know food for people who feel like crap and can't keep much down. But of course we picked up extras. Then ds has been insisting that he doesn't want his hair cut unless we get a cape and no itch powder like grandma used on him last time. So we stopped by Sally's and got that. All told I spent about $35 that wasn't planned. I know we'll be fine but to many more of these "because we're in town and I"m stressed out" shopping trips and we won't be. I need to get a plan in place.
So sorry to hear about your DH. I can't imagine what you are going through but please know your DH and your family will be prayed for.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #87
hsleonard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
we are praying for you all
Thirty-one gifts
Come swag with me!!! I have earned over $100 in amazon gift cards so far
Zycon Foods -"saving money on high-quality food products."
hsleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #88
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you were able to make the best of the evening with your son. I hope that your DH responds to the treatments this time.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #89
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I'm so sorry. You are all in my prayers!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #90
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, it was a long night, with dh up and down and DS up and down but this morning DH is feeling great. He woke up hungry and ate a half a pan of apple crisp before I got out of bed . And is walking again! I know as the steroid wears out of his system some of his new found energy will go with it, but hey, I'll take it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey View Post
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you were able to make the best of the evening with your son. I hope that your DH responds to the treatments this time.
I guess I didn't explain that well, I forget that there are a lot of new folks here. He didn't respond to the long term MS drugs that keep new lesions from forming. He DOES respond very well to the steroid infusions he went in for last night. But they can't do those long term so they have to wait until he has another "attack" and then treat with massive doses of steroids to stop it. If he could use the long term drugs he would quit having attacks (for the most part) and the disease would not progress. The way we are having to do it, he goes down hill with each new attack but the quicker we get them stopped the less long term damage is done.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote