Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Re: I just found a guy taking pics of my backyard... Is my landlord a little crazy?

I would have a huge problem with the pics of the house, and the fact tha tmy kid was in it naked. If the photographing of the property is not in the lease, call her and tell her not to do it anymore. If it continued I would treat it like harrassment

Advertisement

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 10-05-2012 at 04:59 PM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just found a guy taking pics of my backyard... Is my landlord a little crazy?

My mom is saying I should call the police and ask them if it's legal, but I guess I feel kinda silly doing that. I would guess it's a civil matter since it's the landlord having it done? It is her property. but it just feels wrong.
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And there is nothing in the lease about pictures. It's a standard lease with an addendum for the periodic in home inspections.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturally Pampered View Post
My mom is saying I should call the police and ask them if it's legal, but I guess I feel kinda silly doing that. I would guess it's a civil matter since it's the landlord having it done? It is her property. but it just feels wrong.
Did you ask the landlord about it? I would not take the photographer at his word.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I had a landlord who would come into my "home" while I wasn't there and look through my stuff. This is much different, but to me it seems like a major overstepping of boundaries, and I just really am thinking "harassment". Especially since you are compliant with the inspections and you are keeping the place clean. There's no reason to show up unexpectedly and capture photos in an effort to "trap you", as it seems she is doing.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Wendylady
Registered Users

I would call the police and your landlord. You only have his word that he was there from the landlord correct? She may not know anything about it.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendylady View Post
I would call the police and your landlord. You only have his word that he was there from the landlord correct? She may not know anything about it.
This was my thought- My first reaction would be to call the police non emergency number and tell them about some strange guy taking pictures over my fence!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It could be her mortgage company taking the photos. If she is behind in her mortgage to them (some will go out if they are just over 30 days some will wait till 90). They go out to inspect the property and take photos to make sure its not abandoned. Could that have been what the guy is doing?It's done by a third party. They aren't allowed to advise if shes behind in her mortgage or in forclosure or anything like that just to "inspect the property"
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok, I called non emergency and told them I didn't need an officer but they're sending one anyway!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Ummm...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the landlord may not know what is going on. When I was a real estate agent, I was paid by banks to come and do BPO reports...broker price opinion reports. You go to the home, take pictures, make notes of any damage or needs, and give a broker's opinion of what the home is worth in the current state. This is done so the bank knows what they're likely to get after they repossess the property in foreclosure. It is also possible it is an insurance agency taking pics to send to the underwriter to see if the home qualifies, but I would definitely see if you can ask the landlord what it's about. It is a real possibility the bank is about to take the home back and they want to know what kind of condition it is in.
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote