Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Bartering

Thanks for all the thoughts. We ended up giving him a baker's dozen bulbs of garlic, some of which he is going to plant and some he will eat. In return he gave us about 20 butternut squash and a big bag of random decorative gourds. I kind of like the easy "meh... looks like about this much..." approach my DH has with his friends.

That said we did also barter a saw and a toolbox from our neighbours for eggs over the last year. I forgot about them when I was starting this thread. I like that, too. I love it when money doesn't have to change hands.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow sounds like a good deal!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #13
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the old feel of it, not having the need for money. It's really a wonderfull thing imo. I'm kinda silly like that I guess, at least most people think. You all prob understand the the fullfilling feeling from it. I wish our feed store bartered, lol.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #14
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
wow sounds like a good deal!
I thought so. The butternut are gorgeous, too. Helps that mine failed dismally and I am overgrown with acorn squash. I think he was happy to do it though because he wanted some of the good garlic for seed.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckmumto3
Thanks for all the thoughts. We ended up giving him a baker's dozen bulbs of garlic, some of which he is going to plant and some he will eat. In return he gave us about 20 butternut squash and a big bag of random decorative gourds. I kind of like the easy "meh... looks like about this much..." approach my DH has with his friends.

That said we did also barter a saw and a toolbox from our neighbours for eggs over the last year. I forgot about them when I was starting this thread. I like that, too. I love it when money doesn't have to change hands.
Nice deal. I was going to say about 1:1 for butternut if it was Zucchini then 3:1 ... At least in our area.