Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
lauralita
Registered Users

Re: Cloth Wipes

I keep about 30 on hand, although sometimes I wish I had more! As for solution, I got some from Buddha Bunz that we love, but I'm just switching over to the cubes that you can make into solution--the solution lasts forever, but these look like they last even longer. And so many yummy scents. I fill up one of those peri bottles too, and then I squirt it on a dampened wipe. Seems to make them glide a little easier than just doing water.

Advertisement

lauralita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
bethj516
Registered Users
seller

We have 50, which is probably way too many now but we went through them fast when DD was a newborn and had more diaper changes. We also use them to wipe up spit up and things like that, so we go through a lot. We use a homemade wipe solution and wash them with the diapers.
bethj516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have about 3 dozen or so. I prefer flannel wipes, everything else is too thick if you're used to sposie wipes (I started with sposie everything...yuk) I make my own wipe solution out of coconut oil, baby wash, and tea tree oil and store it all pre wetted in an old Huggies container. The "recipe" is on my blog fluffybum-greenhome.blogspot.com.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

I don't mean to interrupt but I have been wondering about wipes too! And I cat get the search to work either! Haha

What do you do with the poo on the wipes?? Spray off with a diaper sprayer?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I cut up a bunch of old tshirts and they work just fine. I do have some that I purchased, and flannel squares work great too. I use a foam pump with a couple drops of Dr Bronners baby unscented and water, pump it to a dry wipe, have a spray bottle of the same if I need some extra. I have way too many, but tshirts go a long way.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the cheapie washcloths that we've been gifted, we had a ton to do something with! I have no clue how many it is, but I could use a few extra. I stack them unfolded and wet about 8 in the morning and some times a few more in the late afternoon, depending on our # of use for the day. I have 3 kids that all at times need wiped. I put baby oil gel on my hands and wipe my hands on the dry cloths then wet with warm water and ring them out and put them in the warmer. Every few days I use a bathroom cleaner in the warmer to keep away mildew smell <This was my new found key to keeping away to stink! My older two boys love it when the dinorsour print wipe comes through the rotation.

ETA: I do spray them off w/ the diaper sprayer when needed (almost 2 year old, yep it's needed sometimes! ) I found out with my first one that it's not PUL lined like the diapers though, so water WILL spray through it! I soaked my skirt! And they go in the pail and through the same wash routine.

Last edited by MrsAsh; 10-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
xocen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
go to Walmart or any craft store, but the cheapest flannel you can find, cut into squares and voila! doesn't matter if they Frey they're just on baby's bum
xocen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cotton babies has seconds on sale right now. $6.00 for a dozen with free shipping. Pretty good deal!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My wipes stash was about 30 wipes. I sold my velour wipes and want to get more hemp/cotton blend wipes. Love them! I make a solution in a 64oz bottle. I use mostly water, 1 tsp. olive oil(baby oil/mineral oil is bad for your skin), a few drops of tea tree oil(keeps wipes from mildewing). I use an old wipes container and just dampen the wipes.
When I changed I would sometimes wipe the poo off the wipe onto the dipe so I wasn't fussing with a few things to rinse. If its to messy, rinse it.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by mommycass; 10-06-2012 at 09:05 AM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote