Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
NiNi
Registered Users

The Verizon lady...

Called me a retard when she thought I was on hold. Uhm. And she was a supervisor.

I was calling to inquire about an over payment sent almost a month ago (not really sure how it happened but extra was sent and they said they couldn't credit the account, they had to mail it back.)

I actually called to make a payment. And the automated system wasn't working so it forwarded me. I made the payment and just asked if my check had been made out yet. She said that I shouldn't expect that back ( ) and to just forget about it. Uhm. No. So I asked again if the check had been made out, if not, no biggie. Just asking. Well she asked to put me on hold. AND THEN SHE CALLED ME A RETARD.

She said "what a f*^%ing retard.

I. Am. Livid.

I demanded a higher up right away. They profusely apologized and took care of my whole bill next month.

I am so floored still! I wasn't even asking anything ridiculous?!

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos

Advertisement

NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Verizon lady...

Talk about someone who clearly does not like her job and may have just lost it.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Antebellum
Banned

My Mood:

WOW!I would be livid! We cancelled our Verizon contracts because customer service was always so rude, we now have Sprint and looooove them. I am so sorry you had that experience and I hope they reprimand her for her thoughtless behavior.
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
brookglen
Registered Users

Oh my god, I know Verizon has the worst customer service ever! But this, this is pretty heinous. I would probably take it a step further and send an email to headquarters just to make sure I had all my bases covered. I've had a Verizon lady be a total a-hole to me on the phone and it's utterly infuriating.

Last edited by brookglen; 10-05-2012 at 10:24 PM.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you had to deal with that at least your bill is good for next month!!
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. I'm sorry, but I just laughed a little - not because it's funny, but because it's so astonishing.

Open mouth. Insert foot.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG, I would expect more than just one month's bill to be paid!! I don't know what I would expect, but definitely more than that. OMG. I can't even imagine. You have ever right to be livid!!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerica View Post
Wow. I'm sorry, but I just laughed a little - not because it's funny, but because it's so astonishing.

Open mouth. Insert foot.
this!

My jaw literally dropped when I read it. Just WOW!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!

Last edited by Fishie Kisses; 10-05-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Uhh holy crapoli.

Are you kidding me?!?! It's nice they're taking care of your bill for a month but seriously, I would expect more than that. I am honestly in shock. I would have ripped those buttholes a new one!!!

**not so patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do this at work. I don't curse because, customer or not it is not professional and i would hate for my supervisor to hear me saying such stuff. I do however put a customer on hold or mute my phone and rant about their stupidity or bad attitude. It doesn't mean I don't like my job. It does mean that I don't like the disgusting customers I have to deal with throughout the day.
When people call and are nasty rude from the get go(not saying you were nasty OP) don't realize they are ruining their chances of getting what they want. Some of my accounts I DO have the ability to comp them for this or that but it is at my discretion. When I get told I need to close my mouth and listen with BOTH my ears, nope sorry, I'm not going to honor your expired coupon. It's expired. But call in and say you have a problem you would like me to help you resolve I would be happy to refund you the difference of the items you bought that are now on sale.
Not saying you were wrong for asking for a sup or getting comped for the reps rudeness. Just giving a little inside perspective from a customer service rep.
Rewind_Selector is offline   Reply With Quote