Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #51
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heated Topic: Vaccinating... but I have a serious question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr View Post

And before someone comes back with the argument of the current pertussis epidemic and vaxed children...more on that here: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ty/#more-22852
So if I'm reading this correctly, this is saying that in order to maintain "herd immunity" against pertussis, you would need to vaccinate your child 6 times before 12 for it? Am I reading that right?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #52
dani_p
Registered Users

Another non-vaccinating, natural-birthing nurse here! SO GLAD to hear you guys exist... Sometimes I feel like quite the pariah.

No sources to offer up, but the ones already mentioned are good. I think at this point, I plan to do antibody titers when my daughter is older and go from there... This way, she'll have the chance to develop natural immunity
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #53
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_p View Post
Another non-vaccinating, natural-birthing nurse here! SO GLAD to hear you guys exist... Sometimes I feel like quite the pariah.

No sources to offer up, but the ones already mentioned are good. I think at this point, I plan to do antibody titers when my daughter is older and go from there... This way, she'll have the chance to develop natural immunity
YAY! Good to meet you
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #54
XiaQ
Registered Users

Hello look up International Medical Council on Vaccines, some months ago they announced a webinar with Dr. Tetyana Obukhanych she is an immunologists. I listened through her one hour webinar then decided to email her and see if she might email back, she did. I really had to make up my mind not to vaccinate when immunologists do not vaccinate their children. There is another article i read that i love because its really me. Im not a crazy anti vaxer it kinda crept up on me because of all the research i was doing, then i realized i really didnt have a choice but to be anti vax. I also saw the Greater Good very sad.

http://vactruth.com/2012/09/03/we-dont-have-a-choice/

This writer Catherine Frompovich is awesome and knows her stuff i love to follow her.
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...ine-frompovich
XiaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #55
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found Aviva Jill Romm's book, Vaccination: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide, incredibly helpful as well as Dr. Sear's Book. But, the feeling that I was left with after reading Dr. Sears was that he was breaking down each vaccination/disease (helpful!), but ultimately saying get the vaccine for each one. It's been years since I have read it, and probably should go back and re-read, but I didn't leave that book feeling he was unbiased... I seem to be the odd one out feeling that way though, and like I said, I should re-read it to see if my initial feeling of the book was off.

I also read Dr. Mercola's articles. His articles are well researched and documented. Today's article was about vaccines (most days are not) with his interview with Dr. Palevsky, a pedi in New York who has taken a more holistic approach with his practice. Here's a link if you are interested, but you do have to sign up to access his site:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...1006_DNL_art_1
Once you sign up, you have access to his archives.

Dr. Sherri Tenpenny has started a Vaccine Research Library and is collecting studies, but the Library is a paid membership. Here is her last posting about it on Facebook:
Membership to the Vaccine Research library is now only $45 for 6 months. The fees support the work of my full time research assistant to continually dig through the Conventional Medical Literature to find proof that vaccines cause harm. You can register for free for two weeks to have access to aluminum, MMR and pertussis information.
It might help you on your search for medical liturature.

The Vaccine Epidemic by Louis Kuo Habakus and Vaccine Illusion by Tetyana Obukhanych are on my future read lists. I've heard Dr. Tenpenny's DVD has a wealth of info, but I haven't gotten that one yet.

You can probably tell which side of the fence I'm on now, but I didn't start out that way...I'm always reading and researching, so I wish you luck, Mama, on your quest for information!!

Last edited by chameleon607; 10-06-2012 at 07:17 PM.
chameleon607 is offline   Reply With Quote