Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby

Here it is.
Love it!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
pingdeft
Registered Users
seller

Re: How and when will you "reveal?"

We bought a big brother bat man shirt for DS. I'm thinking he might wear it to my mom's birthday party on the 13th, but DH doesn't want to steal her thunder, so now I don't know when we are going to tell everyone.

Do you think it would be weird to announce a pregnancy on your mom's birthday? My mom is totally into her grandkids, but I don't want to be a jerk and take away from her day. But I also think it might be a nice little present?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingdeft View Post
We bought a big brother bat man shirt for DS. I'm thinking he might wear it to my mom's birthday party on the 13th, but DH doesn't want to steal her thunder, so now I don't know when we are going to tell everyone.

Do you think it would be weird to announce a pregnancy on your mom's birthday? My mom is totally into her grandkids, but I don't want to be a jerk and take away from her day. But I also think it might be a nice little present?
I wouldn't.

I would take her aside and tell her privately. Then, ask her if she's okay with you telling everyone else. Or, maybe let her announce it?
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #24
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingdeft

What if you give your mom the shirt as a gift, privately, before the party? Then she can decide whether to reveal or not.

Our dating ultrasound is on our 5-year anniversary, so we might send a pic to the grandparents of our "anniversary gift" if we decide we can't hide it until Thanksgiving.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
I am wearing a skeleton shirt with a baby skeleton over the tummy area for Halloween and we will see how many people notice. Maybe I will take pics of me specifically and asking if anyone notices anything new that but I haven't decided yet. All of our family lives very far away from us so unfortunately I will go the facebook route after announcing to everyone close to us via phone.
I've totally been planning on doing this! In fact, I really want to get started on making it, but I'm waiting until my first appt and hoping for an u/s just to make sure this one is sticky!
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #26
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

We're having a big Halloween/birthday party for my kids when I'll be about 12.5 weeks....but I'm nervous to reveal until after my 12wk visit. We had one loss where baby stopped growing at 8wks, we revealed at Christmas to extended family around 12wks and then found out that we had lost the baby on New Years at the 12wk appt. So I'm nervous to reveal before that visit, but the party is before!
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
birdie
Registered Users
seller

We had my 2 year old call my parents and siblings and say that paisley is a big sister (paisley is our youngest). Then once we told the family then hubby took a pic of me a spoon and ice cream in one hand a pickle in the other, then everyone slowly figured it out.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just announced to our family far away, friends and facebook "friends"! Check out my blog BELOW to see how we did it!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #29
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsgirl777
Just announced to our family far away, friends and facebook "friends"! Check out my blog BELOW to see how we did it!!
I don't see a link? Super curious!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsgirl777 View Post
Wow! I just bawled my eyes out!! What a beautiful video.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote