Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Re: minimal weight gain

Since i didnt mean to imply weight gain while pregnant is a choice Maybe I should clarify....If your eating a balanced diet and your healthy otherwise but not gaining it's probably not a big deal and that is backed up by the several obs and mws i saw in my pregnancies If you need to gain weight that is fine and dieting for the sake of not gaining the normal amount isn't a great idea but if the weight gain isn't happening on its own its probably not a big worry and shouldnt be forced.

Advertisement

Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Every woman AND every pregnancy is different.

I'm about at 14 weeks and I've gained 1lb

With DD, I lost like 3-4 and then gained 3-4 by 14 weeks.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh and should mention, by the end, I gained 40
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Sorry for there being no periods in my previous post. I'm on my phone, had typos and can't edit.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I'll repeat what everyone else has said-if the baby is growing fine then it's fine.

That being said-all three of my pregnancies I've barely gained anything. My first I gained a total of 3 lbs from Prepregnancy weight. Second was 5 lbs and third I actually was down 6 lbs. verything on my shrunk-except my belly and the baby obviously. Was never an issue.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #16
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I was 50 lbs overweight when I got pregnant with DD (I'm short, what can I say!) I lost 12 lbs from MS in the first trimester, gained that back and then 10 more by the end of the pregnancy. The 'extra' 10 lbs came right off after delivery and I was in my pre-pregnancy "fat" jeans after 6 weeks of c-section healing (the button rubbed the worst).

Now I am 33 weeks pregnant with DS. I weighed exactly the same as last time when I started this pregnancy. I lost only 8 lbs this time with MS and then gained them back in the 2nd trimester. I have not gained anything additional to that yet. I know I may gain another 5-8lbs before the end here, but I am holding steady thanks to a good GD diet. I would love to end up 5-10 lbs in the negative after this pregnancy... so I can be well on my way to losing the 50 lbs for good

I wish you (and all the mammas) a continued healthy pregnancy!

Last edited by Van1300; 10-06-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Van1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
ElianasMomma8147
Registered Users

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I have another appointment on tuesday and I'll bug her about it again. Although I think I may have gained more this month I eat non stop and have gotten a little lazier with the cooler weather. I look at this weight thing to be one more thing my sister has to be mad at me for, shes 10 weeks ahead of me and has gained a lot and its mostly gone to her thighs :-/ but if your sisters not mad at you somethings wrong with the water right??
ElianasMomma8147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElianasMomma8147 View Post
Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I have another appointment on tuesday and I'll bug her about it again. Although I think I may have gained more this month I eat non stop and have gotten a little lazier with the cooler weather. I look at this weight thing to be one more thing my sister has to be mad at me for, shes 10 weeks ahead of me and has gained a lot and its mostly gone to her thighs :-/ but if your sisters not mad at you somethings wrong with the water right??
Lol. I have an identical twin sister and after 2 kids I am still about 10 pounds lighter than her. Talk about a sister not being happy...
Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #19
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree w everyone as long as baby is growing good I don't think it matters. I'm a petite person and with DD1 I gained 20 lbs (40w2d), DD2 12 lbs (37w), DD3 19 lbs (38w5d), and DD 4 23 lbs (40w). I believe as long as you stay healthy you're body knows how much it needs to gain for your baby.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #20
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like you are doing great! Don't worry about your sister... Sound like she may be a little jealous. unless your doctor brings it up, I wouldn't worry. I had a really skinny friend who only gained 24 lbs and a bigger friend who only gained 8 lbs... I'm on the small side of normal and gained 41 with my first. as long as you are eating healthy and staying active you should have nothing to worry about!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote