Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #21
ecomama90
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: curious about brands

Before I had my DD I had thoroughly researched what I wanted.. well what I thought I wanted! I ended up with a stash of diapers that totally didn't work for my daughter. Brands like FB left gaps in the legs (she had skinny chicken legs) so even when I'd pull them to the tightest setting they still didn't fit right. I ended up selling what I had and then I discovered WAHM diapers. I fell in love with that whole production. Once my daughter got a bit bigger I started to not love pockets so much so my stash switched AGAIN.. I went to a stash of Tots Bots Easy-fits which I still love. Now I'm into fitteds. I have about 5 different fitted brands, wool and my only PUL diapers are Tots Bots & BG Freetimes. Totally NOT what I thought I'd end up liking. That being said, my taste is always changing, maybe in a couple months I won't like fitteds so much! We'll see, but that's what makes CDing fun!

Advertisement

ecomama90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is just 3 month old, but I`ve bought and sold already a lot of different diapers!
Now my stash mainly consists of bumgenius 4.0 and fuzzibunz elite. I love that they`re one size! The fb have a great super trim fit and the minky inserts are soo much better than mf. But you need small hands to stuff them. The bg are bulkier, but it`s really good quality for a good price.
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
armywife21
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
I feel like there are like 3 different types of cloth diapering moms out there.

Type 3: (There's quite a few type 3ers on here, me being one of them). They try everything. They switch their entire stash what seems like all the time!!! It's more of a hobby than saving money or the world! I'm for sure one of these moms.

My advice to you. Try a few things, see what you like, then buy more of them. Don't buy 24 BG pockets or 24 fuzzibunz, buy a sample of each. Check out swaddlebees/blueberry too.
I am totally type 3 now but that said I started out years ago with my DD and bought ONLY 1 brand of diapers and really did not like them at all couldn't sell them for the life of me so had to start all over. I like different diapers for different reasons. For overnights I know one diaper will work for us for daytime I like another, my dh has a favorite, and my MIL has a favorite when she watches the kiddos. . I would just buy some of each until you invest too much $$ into a stash that may or may not work
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
dannic
Registered Users

Once I tried a few dif dipes, I wished I had just gone with my gut and gotten bg 4.0s. I felt like my money was wasted trying dif options.
I use primarily 4.0s and flips on my toddler, so very brand specific there, I suppose.
I am wanting sized for my next baby, though, for various reasons and really hope the simplex work well for him...
I am just not into the whole b/s/t thang and would prefer to get what I want and use it.
Those random dipes that I bought to try? They are still here. I only recently took them out of rotation, but before I would make myself use them.