Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only

If I read correctly the garage is attached and locked, she has the door that leads from the garage into the house open. I don't think anyone would get in.
Yes. The garage is under the main portion of the condo. There's a door going into the condo and all that is downstairs is a storage room and their front door and stairs to upstairs. the downstairs is heated/ac. But not the garage portion.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos

Advertisement

NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #32
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi

Yes. The garage is under the main portion of the condo. There's a door going into the condo and all that is downstairs is a storage room and their front door and stairs to upstairs. the downstairs is heated/ac. But not the garage portion.

And the main garage door is cloSed. The rolling door. The door that opens into the bottom floor of the house is open

NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it okay....

I wouldn't leave my garage door open...too scary! If my garage was part of the house with a door that led right to a room, I would leave my daughter in the garage with the door closed and the car door open with me right in that room that connects to the garage. As long as it isn't hot or cold out.....

Honestly though when my daughter would do this, I would just read a book or catch up on other things and sit in the car with her. Like if she was really tired but I knew she would wake up if I got her out of the car. We don't have an attached garage so the first scenario isn't even an option for us.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #34
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
i really dont understand what is crazy about it it's in the house.
IMO, if it's not in the square footage of your house, then it's not IN the house. It's the garage. Part of the house, yes; IN it, no.

I move my children from their car seats when they're sleeping. If it means they wake up, then so be it.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #35
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post

In that case, I'd be fine with it, as long as the weather was moderate. I've left my kids asleep in the car outside many times while I caught up on homework inside - granted, the car was in the driveway in the back of my house, in my direct line of sight and maybe 30 feet away, but still - not a big deal to me.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #36
an_aurora
Registered Users

Uh, yeah I'd do that. If one of my kids falls asleep in the car, I do the same thing and go about my business with frequent checks on the kid.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #37
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nope. Never.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #38
Megan22
Registered Users
seller

Not a chance.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #39
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a ranch house. I have put down the big garage door and left her sleeping while I bring in the groceries and put them away. The man door leads to the kitchen and is open, so I could hear her right away. I don't think I'd do it if it was further away...
ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote