Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is my math wrong, or FuzziBunz math wrong?

i dont bother selling my old diapers so retaining the value of them doesnt matter to me. but my smalls that i bought second hand are in pristine condition despite being laundered every other day

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Did that episode air already? I wanted to watch it.
It's on Hulu.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #23
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
i dont bother selling my old diapers so retaining the value of them doesnt matter to me. but my smalls that i bought second hand are in pristine condition despite being laundered every other day
A one size pocket (as FB is using in the example in the OP) that was used for the entire diaper using phase for a child would see much more wear than a sized diaper that is grown out of- that's why I used 2 years as my example. We used small FB for maybe 6ish months for each of my babies- and that was after xs were grown out of and before we moved onto mediums.
I still have one size pockets that were used to diaper my son- for years but my stash is large and they are still in great shape and when my dd potty learns I will be able to sell them.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

That's a huge stretch for me! Not counting back-ups you'd keep in the car/purse/diaper bag plus 12 wipes? I would do 14 every other day with a toddler & that didn't count using dry ones with spray for pee or whole out!

I guess you could do it, but I'd do at least 24 at the minimum!
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I have friends who CD full-time with 7-10 daytime diapers and 2 overnight. They wash every morning and are perfectly happy with it. Their wash routine takes almost no time at all because their diapers don't sit in the pail very long. It's totally possible and a very popular approach to take outside of "cloth diaper culture" cloth diapering.
yes but this says washing every 2 days and its considering one wipe per change and the same number of diapers for a NB as a almost PT toddler. I still don't get why she assumes more diaper changes a day with a disposable than with cloth..
The fuzzi bunz store suggests 15-18 diapers and more depending on how often you want to wash.
Frankly I did the wash every day rountinue it is exhausting some love it don't get me wrong but for me it meant constantly getting behind on everything else. and 10 diapers would be 1/2 a day of diapering a newborn.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
A one size pocket (as FB is using in the example in the OP) that was used for the entire diaper using phase for a child would see much more wear than a sized diaper that is grown out of- that's why I used 2 years as my example. We used small FB for maybe 6ish months for each of my babies- and that was after xs were grown out of and before we moved onto mediums.
I still have one size pockets that were used to diaper my son- for years but my stash is large and they are still in great shape and when my dd potty learns I will be able to sell them.
i would think that if i was diapering for 2+ years i would want more than a dozen but yeah i really didnt see the need to invest a lot in size small since i was only using them for a year. i bought a crap ton of mediums (way more than i ever needed) and i have like 18 larges that she never even used since she was out of diapers at 24 months (and skinny )
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, there is no way those 12 diapers would last for 3 years of use! I have a 15 month old and about 19 diapers and definitely have to wash every other day. And a dozen wipes?! No way. I have probably 3 dozen... One poo usually uses 3 or 4 wipes alone and my daughter is a twice a day pooper.

That's pretty unrealistic and pretty misleading to the clueless hopeful cloth diapering mama!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I averaged over 20 daily diapers with my first she was my super pooper and we jsut went through a ton of diapers because of that. She wore disposables as a newbie...

I averaged 14 a day with my current diapered child as a newborn

even though I too dislike buying a lot of newborn stuff 12 would never cut it.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

BTW its not that some can't do it with less but I think saying everyone can diaper from birth to potty with 12 cloth diapers is a big unrealistic. SHe could have doubled to 24 even and still showed saving honestly that chart doesn't make me thing Oh wow its that little it makes me go huh that is way too little.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #30
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cool thing about washing every day (I have 3 in cloth) is no stink/ stain issues.

But I couldn't go 12 diapers, even with washing every day. I dry my PUL on a rack and it takes a day, my babies go through 8-10 diapers a day. I'm much more comfortable with 24-30 diapers a baby. Just because i wash everyday doesnt mean I feel like stuffing every day! My 3 year old has 4 trainers, one being a flip so kind of 7. And i ordered 4 more Kawaii trainers.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote